• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Highlights from Knight on 790

BHayley

Didn't someone say JJ and Amare clashed on egos? Maybe I am wrong but the one thing Smoove wants besides a big contract is to be competitive. Amare would give us that shotblocker,scorer,rebounder we need and would give us a star. I am up for trading for Amare if we give the 3rd,11 and a player not smoove. They can't have no3 and smoove nope.

If we got amare the team still is defecit from the outside only haveing JJ to hit shots. Maybe Marvin if he isn't the player going in the deal. Someone said cap space and resigning our players don't we have the right to match and offer with our existing players that way you can be way over the cap and still keep them?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I got the feeling that he and JJ didn't get along.

I think he duplicates what we can have in Smoove (Smoove might be better with training).

I think his knee injury is suspect and I wouldn't give up a good pick for him.

• Premium Member

Horford didn't even play Center in college.

What makes BK think that Shelden can play Center is that when we put him there, he didn't do badly. Shelden is strong enough to play the position. Horford may be able to, but I don't know if he has the footwork?

I don't think we would be able to play Amare at center and be effective. The Suns can do it because they play at a fast pace and have a 2 time MVP running the point. We play at a slow pace and have career backups running the point.

And if we trade away both picks we won't be able to upgrade our pg position.

i don't like the idea of trading both picks and a player for 1 player.

Quote:

What makes BK think that Shelden can play Center is that when we put him there, he didn't do badly. Shelden is strong enough to play the position. Horford may be able to, but I don't know if he has the footwork?

Horford DID play Center.....

And he is a slightly better athlete than Shelden.

I still wouldn't take him because it's too repetitive.

We need a 7 footer. Noah or Yi.

Quote:

For all of Shelden's shortcomings he does have a very stout lower half and big arse. Both serve him well playing the 5.

There was this info on Realgm about the interview:

Yi has the most experience out of anyone in the draft. He’s played for the Olympics and put up good numbers against the USA, which included Dwight Howard. Greg and Kevin will most likely join the Olympic team but Yi’s already had the experience he’s going to continue to do. It’s not like anyone else out of the draft class will be consider for the USA team except for both Greg and Kevin.

790 also tried to get Billy Knight to talk about Chauncey Billups but Billy didn’t fall for the bait and under the rules he’s not allowed to be involved in those types of discussions. Billy also did mention that a veteran point guard would drastically help this team and would help the young players. He also mentioned about trading one or both picks for veteran help.

790 liked how the interview went and so did most of the callers because Billy seemed more open. Billy even sounded like he knew he made some mistakes but he expects all of our young Hawks to improve. We have some players here but not the best talent that we could have had.

Before Billy went off air he mentioned that 790 could contact him anytime they would like for him to be on the show. Billy’s feelings may differ with 680 the fan considering all the negative bashing they do to Billy and like they do with Mike Vick so I understand why both may be hesitant to go on the show.

Quote:

BK said he wants a veteran point guard (read the post above mine), but don't we already have that?

Unless he wants Chauncey I guess...

OMG I will be so pissed if we don't take Law or Crittenton.

With #3 BK can whatever the hell big he wants. We really can't lose because they are all so good.

But wow just wow if we come out of this draft with no PG

BusBoy, you seem pretty into the Hawks. What are your thoughts on Yi? I replied to your Shelden post. I'd love to take Yi, any of the big 3 PG's (Law is my personal favorite), then trade a wing + vet PG + even a future pick since we HOPEFULLY won't need one in the next year or two, FOR a big like Erick Dampier, who will clog the lane. Heck, I wouldn't mind Danny Fortson, although he seems to just be a POOR man's Zack Randolph (I.E. no offense, but somewhat like Big Ben).

Quote:

BusBoy, you seem pretty into the Hawks. What are your thoughts on Yi? I replied to your Shelden post. I'd love to take Yi, any of the big 3 PG's (Law is my personal favorite), then trade a wing + vet PG + even a future pick since we HOPEFULLY won't need one in the next year or two, FOR a big like Erick Dampier, who will clog the lane. Heck, I wouldn't mind Danny Fortson, although he seems to just be a POOR man's Zack Randolph (I.E. no offense, but somewhat like Big Ben).

I've been on the Yi bandwagon for a long time.

He adds excitement and widens our fan base.

More all-star votes for JJ and JSmoove too with that new fan base.

But he's not just a sideshow attraction, the guy can play ball. I've been saying from the longest that just from watching his highlight reels I could tell he has ELITE athleticism for a 7 footer.

People that that was an absurd insinuation from just highlight videos but now many agree.

I think he's on the list of 5 players where we can't go wrong with and he's the #1 player on my list.

1)Yi

2)Noah

3)Wright

4)Horford

5)Conley

I list Yi and Noah at the top because they are 7 footers which we could really use. I list Wright over Horford because of upside. And Horford over Conley because of the PGs that will be available at #11.

Quote:

Quote:

But he's not just a sideshow attraction, the guy can play ball. I've been saying from the longest that just from watching his highlight reels I could tell he has ELITE athleticism for a 7 footer.

People that that was an absurd insinuation from just highlight videos but now many agree.

I think he's on the list of 5 players where we can't go wrong with and he's the #1 player on my list.

1)Yi

2)Noah

3)Wright

4)Horford

5)Conley

I list Yi and Noah at the top because they are 7 footers which we could really use. I list Wright over Horford because of upside. And Horford over Conley because of the PGs that will be available at #11.

Exactly. I don't understand why people take the Chinese players into consideration. I mean, how many players in the NBA can stop a fadeaway jumper by a 7 footer? Impossible, unless Yao is practically on top of him.

I never realized Noah was that tall. I could've sworn he was like 6"9 until recently when I saw he was 6"11. I think Horford is probably a duplicate of Shelden, but probably more productive in his rookie year.

But back to Yi, this guy will do WONDERS for Atlanta. Since he is into Hip Hop, we'll have guys like Ludacris, Bow Wow, Yung Joc, Jermaine Dupri etc... coming to so many games, which will cause more fanbase to came. This team will make a ton of revenue and eventually have more money.

I swear Yi Jianlian is an athletic Dirk Nowitzki. He isn't even that thin either.

Quote:

Exactly. I don't understand why people take the Chinese players into consideration. I mean, how many players in the NBA can stop a fadeaway jumper by a 7 footer? Impossible, unless Yao is practically on top of him.

Bingo. People are saying his production is worthless because he plays in the CBA. But it's not his numbers, it's how he moves and plays on the basketball court. He doesn't just move as an elite athlete for the CBA, he has athleticism for his size that would be considered elite in the NBA.

And you're absolutely right. I don't care if he's playing against 6'6 players. No player (unless 8 feet tall) is blocking a 7 footer with a fadeaway.

Nor are they going to have the lateral quickness to keep up with him off the dribble without giving him a huge cushion.

Quote:

Quote:

1)Yi

2)Noah

3)Wright

4)Horford

5)Conley

you've got the best player on the team in Josh Smith or the #2 and BK's boy Marvin going to the bench now? that doesn't make any sense, whatsoever.

with the #3 you have to pick someone who will be able to play 35 minutes a game. those minutes aren't available at the F position.

Quote:

you've got the best player on the team in Josh Smith or the #2 and BK's boy Marvin going to the bench now?

Pretty much. Smith is much stronger than Yi so until Yi gets stronger he will be best suited for the 3. That means Yi's minutes will come primarily at Marvin's expense.