• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We WILL be getting new Unis

Charman212002

I know this has been rumored for a quite a while, but I saw this on Sekou Smith's AJC Hawks blog from Friday, and according to him it looks like a change is pretty definite.

Sekou Smith:

"Oh yeah, the new unis thing is legit. It’s arguably the worst kept Hawks secret since “they are drafting Shelden Williams at No. 5, no matter what.” I’ve actually seen them (on paper and in person). The color scheme is new (Red, White and Blue like the old St. Louis Hawks getups). But the style and design isn’t anything radical. There will be no Pac-Man or menacing looking bird with its wings extended. It’s basic stuff."

There you have it. Thoughts on what it looks like/when it will be unveiled?

• Premium Member

I despise it when one of my teams breaks with its history, especially with regard to team colors... it sends a message that short-term marketing is everything... but the "respected" unis are the ones that have stood the test of time, which you don't get when you approach it from this short-term marketing thing... the truly great franchises in sports are partially defined by their "look"... the wishy-washy franchises in sports are partially defined by their inconsistency.

I'd expected better of Atlanta. Bad, bad, bad choice.

• Premium Member

I find it amazing that people I know within the team admit the most request jersey change is to go back to the pac-man logo and jersey and yet the owners are completely unwilling to do it. Apparently they want the fans to think of the Spirit and their logo/uniforms only. Its one of the easiest things a team can do (give fans back a beloved jersey) and yet the Spirit won't even bring it back as the official third jersey. Sad.

on one side, i was hoping for more pacman like jerseys or at least staying with the current theme of color of red, yellow TRIM, and black/white...

on the other side, at least it has some traditional colors to it so we can always say we're going retro...but most importantly of all, it's not those godugly yellow uniforms or green ones...and not a metal color either...

• Moderators

I think they see the success of the Blueland thing with the Thrashers and want consistency between the two 'products'. I agree its a big mistake. Aren't these the Knicks colors? I guess they are orange. Nets, Cavs, Pistons. I guess they are slightly different.

I'm with you brother, the Pac-Mans are popular with EVERYONE, old and new school. Our current unis are not bad but are somewhat pedestrian. There's noting wrong with the red, yellow, white, black color scheme. I don't understand why they're messing with that.

Part of me is holding out hope that this is just another of the gimmick "throwback" things and not a permanent change.

I can dream...

I like these way better than the blue

http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop3/instylekicks/hawk1957.jpg

id just hate to see our red jerseys go away. it just wont be the same and I could not look at our team the same way. This proboaly means the court will be blue and when we make the playoffs all of our fans will have blue shirts instead of red. This really sucks. We are the hawks. A hawk is red and our colors have been red for basically the whole time its been a franchise. Those teams like the jazz, and cavaliers dont have a true mascot and a true color. We may win more games but it will never be the same. frown.gif