• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pau Gasol, the most dominating PF...

DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

I have to say that we need an inside scorer more than anything else. Even a defensive stopper. Our offense will remain nothing but jump shooting and the occasional putback or fast break and there's just no way to win on a consistent basis wit that setup.

Put Gasol and JJ on one side of the court and let the PG play a litle 3 man game ala the Spurs and we will be fine on offense.

Quote:

Becase we can trade Zaza, for something and Keep Smith at pf

and Mw at SF.I Know you do care much for Marvin, but you know BK aint benching him.

...and that's it..........I would love to see the following starting lineup - and it's do-able.

PG: JJack or Ridnour

SG: JJ

SF: Smoove

PF: Gasol

Center: Zaza/Shelden

Quote:

Quote:

Becase we can trade Zaza, for something and Keep Smith at pf

and Mw at SF.I Know you do care much for Marvin, but you know BK aint benching him.

...and that's it..........I would love to see the following starting lineup - and it's do-able.

PG: JJack or Ridnour

SG: JJ

SF: Smoove

PF: Gasol

Center: Zaza/Shelden

You really want Smoove at SF, after seeing that he shoots 31% eFG on his jumpers, and can't blow by average SFs like he does PFs? Smoove at SF for us would effectively stunt his growth as a player.

Smoove's success is much like what Diaw experienced in Phoenix. Diaw was able to take advangage of slower, bigger players trying to play him in the high post. Diaw would just blow by those guys and get a lay-up or get fouled. That's why he blew up last year. The same happened with Smoove, when we started playing him at the 4. He started doing the exact same thing, instead of always settling for jumpers.

If we can't find a solid all-around center, the best chance for this team to be successful, is to be as efficient as possible on offense.

Gasol HATES playing center on defense, but he's a potent low post threat, who can also knock down mid-range jumpers at a higher rate than anybody on this team, with the exception of JJ. Smoove is proving that by playing him at the 4, he can really help the team offensively and on the boards defensively. And Marvin has the classic skillset of a 3 in this league.

Adding Gasol only makes us a slightly better defensive team. Gasol, like Smoove, is weak on his "on the ball" defense in the post. But both of those guys are pretty good weak side defenders that can block shots. Add the fact that Gasol can also rebound, adds another bonus to the defense. He'll limit some of those 2nd chance points that teams used to kill us with last year.

I can definitely live with Marvin - Smoove - Gasol . . with Law - JJ at the guards. And a bench of Shelden, Salim, Lue or AJ, and Solomon would have to prove that they ALL can come up big when asked to.