• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

You will see the genius of Billy Knight: '07-'08

BHayley

Just wait till December when we're a .500 ball club, making a push for the playoffs. This is how it was all meant to be.

-We will draft 2 great players (Yi and Acie Law hopefully) -Maybe make a trade for Pau Gasol

-We'll dump T.Lue's expiring contract

-JJ will be an All-Star again

-Josh Smith will be a 18/8 player like Shareef Abdur-Rahim

-Marvin will continue to mature

-Shelden will be a double double machine or borderline double double, averaging 9-10 points and 8 rebounds a game

Let's get EXCITED, HAWKS FANS smile.gif

For the first time in ages, we have a new season coming

up with the potential of being very exciting!!

Now, if the Hawks can make things work out just right - -

laugh.gif

Quote:

Just wait till December when we're a .500 ball club, making a push for the playoffs. This is how it was all meant to be.

-We will draft 2 great players (Yi and Acie Law hopefully) -Maybe make a trade for Pau Gasol

-Shelden will be a double double machine or borderline double double, averaging 9-10 points and 8 rebounds a game

Let's get EXCITED, HAWKS FANS
smile.gif

You are totally insane.... uglyhammer.gif

I've said this before! I really have wanted to be a Hawks fan for a long time. And I am, but they sure haven't given me a whole lot to cheer about on a consistent basis. Here's hoping that this year's draft will turn it around. We DO have the possibility.

the title is over the top but the sentiment is not...i really feel we will in that exact position bhayley speaks of...bk has not drafted well at all for need but he has drafted good players...no real busts (yet)....hopefully this season the needs we be in place and we can make a run..it's a matter of players finding the niche and doing what they do best and what they're roles are...one problem i felt last year, other than the injuries, was poorly defined roles. which of course is woody's fault...

i really feel that IF we can score more and easier we will very good.....

then again woody is still the coach.

Quote:

the title is over the top but the sentiment is not...i really feel we will in that exact position bhayley speaks of...bk has not drafted well at all for need but he has drafted good players...no real busts (yet)....hopefully this season the needs we be in place and we can make a run..it's a matter of players finding the niche and doing what they do best and what they're roles are...one problem i felt last year, other than the injuries, was poorly defined roles. which of course is woody's fault...

i really feel that IF we can score more and easier we will very good.....

then again woody is still the coach.

Woody can't coach so this team desperately needs a point guard who understands spacing and can get his teammates the ball in position where they can score.

I have no idea who we will draft but if we did get Law and Yi that would be amazing.

Personally I just hope we keep the 3rd pick. If we do, as long as we take a big, there is no wrong choice.

At #11 as lose as we take a PG there is no wrong choice.

We come out of this draft with Yi/Horford/Wright/Noah and Law/Crittenton and you better believe BK will look like a genius as early as this year.

No more Hawks being the butt of all NBA jokes.

All the BK doubters that will criticize the picks, will be orchestrating his parade when we're a .500 ball club.

Quote:

I have no idea who we will draft but if we did get Law and Yi that would be amazing.

Personally I just hope we keep the 3rd pick. If we do, as long as we take a big, there is no wrong choice.

At #11 as lose as we take a PG there is no wrong choice.

We come out of this draft with Yi/Horford/Wright/Noah and Law/Crittenton and you better believe BK will look like a genius as early as this year.

No more Hawks being the butt of all NBA jokes.

All the BK doubters that will criticize the picks, will be orchestrating his parade when we're a .500 ball club.

Amen.

• 6 months later...

Quote:

smile.gif

#1. If the Hawks took Yi they wouldn't be over .500. #2 we didn't trade for Gasol. We didn't dump T Lue. Comparing JS with SAR is retarded. Shelden being a double double machine is retarded as well (also 8 rebounds a game doesn't constitute a double double). I see nothing here bump worthy

Quote:

Quote:

smile.gif

#1. If the Hawks took Yi they wouldn't be over .500. #2 we didn't trade for Gasol. We didn't dump T Lue. Comparing JS with SAR is retarded. Shelden being a double double machine is retarded as well (also 8 rebounds a game doesn't constitute a double double). I see nothing here bump worthy

Let's look at it my way:

1) We are around .500 just after December

2) Trading for Gasol is still a legitimate possibility

3) There's a strong possibility we dump 5"2 Tyronn Lue

4) JJ is the 2nd best SG in the league

5) Josh Smith is averaging 17&8

6) Marvin is maturing

7) I was wrong about Shelden because the Horford hype hadn't begun yet. I was completely wrong here

I think my post was pretty accurate. bannana_guitar.gif

Quote:

Let's look at it my way:

1) We are around .500 just after December

2) Trading for Gasol is still a legitimate possibility

3) There's a strong possibility we dump 5"2 Tyronn Lue

4) JJ is the 2nd best SG in the league

5) Josh Smith is averaging 17&8

6) Marvin is maturing

7) I was wrong about Shelden because the Horford hype hadn't begun yet. I was completely wrong here

I think my post was pretty accurate.
bannana_guitar.gif

1.) decent prediction

2.) Maybe make a trade for Gasol isn't a prediction.

3.) he's an expiring contract (so of course he could be traded), and like number 2 you're still wrong up to this point.

4.) JJ is JJ, what's your point?

5.) JS is averaging .7 more ppg and .5 less rpg than last year. Josh is Josh, what's your point?

6.) Yes, Marvin did get a year older.

7.) You were completely wrong here.

• Premium Member

The Brenden Wright Bandwagon is ununderstandable.

However, I still think that Yi has it. I love that we have Horf because he's a really good fit and a good guy and he's contributing more to the playoff run than Yi could have at this point. However, in a few years, maybe by next year, Yi will be just what the bandwagon said.

One of his first games as a pro.