• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My first time

wesley1971

I read hawksquawk daily to keep myself connected to what's going on with the hawks. I finally got interested in trying the draft/trade what if... this season. let me know if this trade works between minn and atl.

Minn gets lue, claxton, wright, and pachulia

Atl gets garnett

Atl drafts Yi @ 3 and law @ 11

Is this a decent set up, just wondering.

Quote:

it certainly works for us!

law/aj/ivey

jj/chill/slim

then for forwards/centers, we'd have:

garnett/smoove/marvin/chill/yi/shelden/zaza/solo to split the mins

but they aren't giving us garnett for that little talent

I was looking at salaries and not talent so the way you put it makes sense. Minn would not let a superstar go for that. Seeing garnett on the cover of the sports page of the ajc in a hawks uni was cool and that's when the what if...began.

Quote:

Financially speaking, it
works.
But like Nick said, no way Minny trades Garnett for garbage.

I you ever want to check out a trade to see if it works under the cap, you can always go to Realgm's
trade checker
or ESPN's
Trade Machine.

thanks for the info. I want this to be a productive season for the hawks because it's been a long time coming. It's a great franchise that need players that score instead of being a practice squad for other teams.

Quote:

the only thing u forgot is that it'll be Minn drafting Yi and Law, not us. Only way the trade will go through is if we include BOTH our picks.

you think so.. who do you think is floating around in billy knights head, cause I can't see any other player(s) on the board. I'm new to this draft/trade what if..forgive me for my lack of knowledge, I'm learning.

Quote:

Quote:

the only thing u forgot is that it'll be Minn drafting Yi and Law, not us. Only way the trade will go through is if we include BOTH our picks.

you think so.. who do you think is floating around in billy knights head, cause I can't see any other player(s) on the board. I'm new to this draft/trade what if..forgive me for my lack of knowledge, I'm learning.

No problem at all.

It's widely believed Mr. Knight will go after Pau Gasol (who he got from us when he was GM at Memphis). There might be a few other trades in the works...I'm sure he may like some of Seattle's pieces, but we'll find out soon.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No problem at all.

It's widely believed Mr. Knight will go after Pau Gasol (who he got from us when he was GM at Memphis). There might be a few other trades in the works...I'm sure he may like some of Seattle's pieces, but we'll find out soon.

great point, now I need to find out about what pieces seattle can offer to the mix. I unfortunately don't know anything about gasol and where he would fit in the hawks rotation.

Quote:

I read hawksquawk daily to keep myself connected to what's going on with the hawks. I finally got interested in trying the draft/trade what if... this season. let me know if this trade works between minn and atl.

Atl gets garnett

Is everyone forgeting that Garnett is a FA at the end of next year. You could give up valuable pieces then Garnett walks at the end of the year.

Quote:

Quote:

Atl gets garnett

Is everyone forgeting that Garnett is a FA at the end of next year. You could give up valuable pieces then Garnett walks at the end of the year.

Wow! I had no clue he was a free agent next season. Check this, it only takes one season to win a championship and if the hawks go deep into the playoffs to the finals and dominate, I doubt he would bounce.

The hawks would add another piece and try again the following season because that formula worked. For rasheed wallace to be a hawk for only one game hurt and I thought of the possibilities. - wish I could've snatched his jersey.