• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yi wants to play PF.

oiatlhawksfan

LOL until someone sees and points out a clip in a game Yi played in showing his alleged "softness," I'm not sold on that.

Lay off the brother BusBoyIsBack.

You don't have to have a chiseled body like a Corey Maggette or Jermaine O'Neal to be a strong post-up player.

Who the hell said he has no post-up moves? he was hitting 10 foot fadeaway shots after his post ups ALL OVER the video clips. Like I said before, a smooth crisp shot from a 7 footer is very hard to block, especially when it's a fadeaway.

A list of "thin" or players with no visible strength from looking at them who are still strong and to be reckoned with:

-Kevin Garnett

-Chris Bosh

-Channing Frye (10/6 in his second year)

-Tim Duncan

-Pau Gasol

-Dirk Nowitzki

Bottom line is, get off Yi's back because this kid is nice, he can play, he's a bargain, and he'll do wonders for the city of Atlanta

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Actually I hadn't thought about it but Bargnani might be the best comparison in the entire league. I don't know if he quite has the same range, but that's the kind of player we're talking about. A perimeter-oriented tall forward.

That's a terrible comparison because he's not even close to as perimeter oriented as Bargnani who spends 75% of his time around the 3 point line.

Yi is also noticeably more athletic than Bargnani.

Quote:

Quote:

When BusBoy gets an idea in his head, no amount of logic can bring him out of his little fantasy world.

So it's just a fantasy to think that a 7'0 245 pound guy has a future playing PF in the NBA? ESPECIALLY in the the Eastern conference at that

Yes, a 7'0 245 lb guy that gets pushed around, In the FREAKING CHINESE BASKETBALL LEAGUE cannot play in the post in the NBA.

I don't care how big he is...Just because he is that big, it does not mean that he is as strong as you want him to be.

I've shown you scouting report after scouting report that says he gets pushed around in the post...AND THAT IS BY CHINESE PLAYERS!!!

THINK ABOUT WHAT THE NBA WILL DO TO HIM IN THE POST!!!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Actually I hadn't thought about it but Bargnani might be the best comparison in the entire league. I don't know if he quite has the same range, but that's the kind of player we're talking about. A perimeter-oriented tall forward.

That's a terrible comparison because he's not even close to as perimeter oriented as Bargnani who spends 75% of his time around the 3 point line.

Yi is also noticeably more athletic than Bargnani.

No one here is such an expert on Yi that they can entirely dismiss the Yi to Bargs comparison. With the little info that we have on him it does appear Yi is more athletic than Bargs but they both seem to prefer perimeter oriented games. Anyway, is being compared to Dirk or Bargs such a bad thing ?

Quote:

No one here is such an expert on Yi that they can entirely dismiss the Yi to Bargs comparison. With the little info that we have on him it does appear Yi is more athletic than Bargs but they both seem to prefer perimeter oriented games. Anyway, is being compared to Dirk or Bargs such a bad thing ?

When you compare him to Bargnani who spends the overwhelming majority of his time camping at the 3 point line, I just don't see it. Even Bargnani's highlight reels consist of mostly 3 pointers.

IMO the best comparison for Yi is Rasheed Wallace.

A guy who can knock down the 3 but who loves to play down low.

Also a decent weakside shotblocker at that.

Quote:

Yes, a 7'0 245 lb guy that gets pushed around, In the FREAKING CHINESE BASKETBALL LEAGUE cannot play in the post in the NBA.

I don't care how big he is...Just because he is that big, it does not mean that he is as strong as you want him to be.

I've shown you scouting report after scouting report that says he gets pushed around in the post...AND THAT IS BY CHINESE PLAYERS!!!

In the games I d/l the only "pushing around" I saw is something that is called LOOSE BALL FOULS in the NBA.

Quote:

Quote:

In the games I d/l the only "pushing around" I saw is something that is called LOOSE BALL FOULS in the NBA.

Disagree with you.

I wonder who to trust...Hmmm...... uglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gif

Quote:

Wow.

Bargnani's games in the NBA were pretty consistent with his highlight reels. Ask any Raptors fans, he camps out at the 3 point line.

In the few Raptors games I saw when they played the Magic/Hawks it was the same thing.

In the couple of games I d/l of Yi, he does nothing of the sort.

Sure he took an occasional pull up 3 but he just didn't stand there. He was getting triple teamed in the post.

That's why I think Rasheed Wallace is a better comparison.

There is a difference between being able to shoot a 3 and spending 75% of your time on offense at the 3 point line.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I agree that neither are NBA centers (now) but Yi is clearly better IMO than Bargnani and I wanted to trade up for Bargnani last year.

W

Quote:

I agree that neither are NBA centers (now) but Yi is clearly better IMO than Bargnani and I wanted to trade up for Bargnani last year.

W

I was def on the Bargnani bandwagon last year.

People were comparing him to Skita which was absurd considering Skita never played and Bargnani won an award for being the most outstanding young player in his league.

It's the same thing with Yi. He's a guy like Il Mago who isn't take on pure potential, but because he has shown through playing time he has some game for the next level.

But Yi even more so than Bargnani because of the length he's played pro ball, his style of play and because he simply looks more talented.

Regardless of whether you agree that Yi is a more perimeter oriented player than I guess you are agreeing with my original thought that Yi is not an answer for our center problems. Think of it further this way. His agents are micromanaging his every move. Agents and all informed basketball folks realize the current dearth of centers in the NBA. If Yi's agents believed at all that he was capable of playing center than that is what we would hear from his agents and Yi because Yi has far more draft value as a potential center than as a forward. Whether Yi is a pure 4 or a 3/4 combo it appears unlikely at all that he is a future 5.

Guest Walter

Quote:

juggle.gifjuggle.gif

slap.gif

While I don't agree that Yi is a center (now) and don't believe he SHOULD be made into one, he's still by far the best pick at 3. I do not recall you being correct about a single Hawk lottery draft pick. Maybe I'm wrong, but do you really want to bring your own player evaluation skills into this?

W