• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anyone else not want Jarrett Jack?

bumpyphish1

Yeah, I wanted him bad back in his draft when I thought we could get him in the second round. But, for the 11th pick? Are you kidding me? Straight up? Ha. I have way more faith in BK than this, thankfully. Please do not let this happen. Any of the three draftees - Conley, Critt, Law - are better than Jarrett..and I loved him at GT.

No jump shot.

Quote:

Quote:

No jump shot.

Do you ever watch baskebtall?

Jack's effective field goal on jumpers is .462.

For comparison on our team

JJ- .498

Jack - .462

Lue - .454

Marvin - .415

Smith - .316

How can you be sure that's from jumpshots? A lot of layups could've inflated it.

But I agree with bumpy. To trade #11 for an average/decent PG is ludicrous

i prefer Calderon.

He avg as many assits as Jack while playing 14 mins less per game.

Plus he shot 48% efg on jumpshots and 63% efg on close shots.Crunch time 51%

He shot 52% overall

Also He is alittle bigger than Jack. 6'3 210

Jack 7,5 assits per 48mins

Calderon 11.5 assit per 48mins

Jack is better than anyone we have on this roster and would be hands down better than any draft pick next year. To me Conley in time will evolve into an all-star point guard. I would rank them like this - long term.

Conley

Jack

Law

Critt

Although we might be able to get Colderon for CHildress straight up.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No jump shot.

JJ- .498

Jack - .462

Lue - .454

Marvin - .415

Smith - .316

How can you be sure that's from jumpshots? A lot of layups could've inflated it.

They keep the stats. Those are jumpers only. Link

It does not matter where Jack was drafted, the draft is based on potential. How he has performed in the NBA is where the rubber meets the road, and he has progressed nicely, and still has a ways to go before he reaches his potential. I really like him for the #11 pick.

One other thing to remember is that most of the teams making the playoffs this year had PGs (6-3) or bigger, and Jack is a natural PG, he has not been forced into the position because he had no where else to play.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No jump shot.

JJ- .498

Jack - .462

Lue - .454

Marvin - .415

Smith - .316

But I agree with bumpy. To trade #11 for an average/decent PG is ludicrous

Why is trading the 11th pick for a starting caliber point guard ludicrous? Look at BK's track record and tell me how that suggests he can do better. Consider the production he has gotten out of former 2nd overall, 5th overall and 6th overall picks - all at positions which are much easier filled then point guard.

Think of this especially in light of the fact that the Hawks will already likely be acquiring another young rookie with the 3rd pick. Would it not be better to get someone with at least some experience on the floor? After four years of rebuilding do the Hawks really want to be in position where they are going to start two rookies?

Will we ever know if Smoove, Chill, Marvin and Sheldon are any good without a half-way decent point guard with a little experience on the roster - or do you want to wait until after their rookie contracts expire to figure out what they can do?

This Hawks team desperately needs some more veteran leadership.

• Premium Member

I don't think Jarrett Jack is better than Law or Critt so I would not burn the 11th pick on Jack. Unfortunately, what we say and what BK does are two different things. Maybe BK has worked out a deal for Jack that doesn't involve the pick and he will use 11 to go after Hawes. I doubt that too.

However, I think BK will spend that pick on a GT PG..

Here are the top 50 pg's from CBSsportsworld and Jack is listed 21. Right there with some pretty good talent. Pleae notice that the Hawks have no one in the top 50.

There has also been talk of trading for Duhon, but I'd rather have Jack.

1. Gilbert Arenas, WAS

2. Steve Nash, PHO

3. Jason Kidd, NJ

4. Deron Williams, UTA

5. Allen Iverson, DEN

6. Jason Terry, DAL

7. Tony Parker, SA

8. Kirk Hinrich, CHI

9. Leandro Barbosa, PHO

10. Andre Miller, PHI

11. Mike Bibby, SAC

12. Raymond Felton, CHA

13. Chauncey Billups, DET

14. Stephon Marbury, NY

15. Monta Ellis, GS

16. Rafer Alston, HOU

17. Mo Williams, MIL

18. Chris Paul, NO

19. T.J. Ford, TOR

20. Baron Davis, GS

21. Jarrett Jack, POR

22. Dwyane Wade, MIA

23. Jameer Nelson, ORL

24. Chucky Atkins, MEM

25. Jamaal Tinsley, IND

26. Smush Parker, LAL

27. Devin Harris, DAL

28. Earl Boykins, MIL

29. Mike James, MIN

29. Earl Watson, SEA

31. Derek Fisher, UTA

32. Luke Ridnour, SEA

33. Randy Foye, MIN (Rookie)

34. Jose Calderon, TOR

35. Steve Blake, DEN

36. Jannero Pargo, NO

37. Chris Duhon, CHI

38. Antonio Daniels, WAS

39. Rajon Rondo, BOS (Rookie)

40. Jason Williams, MIA

41. Carlos Delfino, DET

42. Eric Snow, CLE

43. Marcus Williams, NJ (Rookie)

44. Sebastian Telfair, BOS 53

45. Darrell Armstrong, IND

46. Sam Cassell, LAC

47. Carlos Arroyo, ORL

48. Marko Jaric, MIN

49. Keyon Dooling, ORL

50. Nate Robinson, NY

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yeah, I wanted him bad back in his draft when I thought we could get him in the second round. But, for the 11th pick? Are you kidding me? Straight up? Ha. I have way more faith in BK than this, thankfully. Please do not let this happen. Any of the three draftees - Conley, Critt, Law - are better than Jarrett..and I loved him at GT.

No jump shot.

Jack is a joke and he can't play. I remember Armond Hill could play defense but his offense was garbage. This is the same crap!

Jack actually proved he could play and was ready for the NBA unlike CRitt.

If some one who supports Critt does not want Jack they are insane.

Jack was 10 X the PG of Critt at GT. Jack is ready to play now, Critt may neverbe ready for the NBA as a PG.

Jack did take his team to the 2004 NCAA Championship game as a sophomore and he was basically the best player on the team. He probably would have gone top 10 in that draft if he had not stayed for his junior season. And I am pretty sure he is the only person from that team that is still in the NBA today. I think a lot of people are not giving Jack enough credit on this board. Jack is already proven at this level and isn't exactly over the hill. He still has room to get better and produce more with some decent players around him.

Crit, Conley, and Law may all end up being better than Jack in time, but there is no guarantee that will happen. There is no guarantee that any of them will be top 10 PG talent. All I care is that we get at least one of these four players somehow with our 11 pick.