• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information (short)

Sothron

• Premium Member

If you guys recall weeks back I indicated that my sources strongly indicated that we would trade out of the three spot. While the plan still seems to be to try and land a proven big man (Gasol) at an affordable price the possibility of moving down in the draft is rising. No word on how far back in the draft we would be willing to go.

Rising is the exact word used. There is no qualifications as to how likely that is but I would guess that there may be some teeth to that Ric Bucher rumor after all.

Horford's stock has risen to the point the Hawks feel they can safely shop that pick as the chance to draft the third best player in the draft OR the chance to draft the third best talen in the draft in Yi. As was mentioned before by my from my sources all of the workouts are as predicted rapidly escalating some guys (Horford and Yi) to the "can't miss" point.

No word if the value of the pick has significantly decreased the asking price for talented big men but it was strongly indicated by source (not verified).

I apologize if this sounds like the same old, same old but I personally wanted some kind of independent verification of how real the chance was that we would simply trade down a few picks and it seems there is indeed a real chance of it happening.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe I'm just stupid, but are you saying they feel like they can drop lower in the draft and still get Yi or is it that so many teams are looking at moving up to get Yi and Horford that there are more suitors?

Quote:

As was mentioned before by my from my sources all of the workouts are as predicted rapidly escalating some guys (Horford and Yi) to the "can't miss" point.

We could use some "can't miss" talent.

Quote:

No word if the value of the pick has significantly decreased the asking price for talented big men but it was strongly indicated by source (not verified).

That's good news.

• Premium Member

Quote:

maybe I'm just stupid, but are you saying they feel like they can drop lower in the draft and still get Yi or is it that so many teams are looking at moving up to get Yi and Horford that there are more suitors?

Its the latter. We would basically be giving the other team either Horford or Yi and we would be looking at something else lower in the draft. If I tossed out names it would be nothing but my personal speculation and not something I heard. Although a Conley at #6 and Noah at #11 would not shock me (note that's my speculation) if we did indeed make that trade for #6 and Charlie V.

Quote:

I don't want to trade down unless it's for Gasol. I can understand him trading with the Bucks, and getting somebody like Conley at 6, but I don't want Charlie V., he doesn't bring us anything we don't already have. He should be asking for the 6th and Bogut for the 3rd pick.

Are you kidding. Get real. Bogut ain't that cheap. Even CV is a stretch.

• Premium Member

That is true and while I do want Gasol I also want him for a price that won't gut this team to death. Its up to Memphis how much they think he's worth. I do not think Memphis is going to anything like the deals they are asking for and they are going to have take the best deal on the table or risk having a very unhappy star player on their team.

Why the heck would we trade down? We have the chance to solidly get Yi/Horford + Acie Law, and now these talks have us trading down to the #6 or whatever for some scrubs so we can draft Mike Conley??? Are you serious?

Take Yi + Acie Law, trade a wing + a vet PG. We don't need to give a great pick away for some average scrubs so we can miss out on all the great players who will go #3-5

You trade down if you come to the decision is that the best guy for us to draft even at 3 is Conley because we can't afford to pass him up. In that case you get the same player for cheaper at a lower spot and a free player. Just like we should have at least done last year if we were going to draft Shelden.

If you think you can forgo our needs once more and draft our 5th forward in the first round in 4 years (BPA), then you stay put.

Quote:

if we stay in the 3 hole, who do we trade?

nobody now

we let everyone play and we see how the team is evolving and what works best; we see how shelden/zaza/solo man the center...we see where/how yi plays...we make moves at deadline or in summer

if we have injuries, then we have depth

if not, then we make playoffs

next summer we make smart trades from our deep asset pool and get good coach and get deep in playoffs the next season

assuming jj/smoove are untouchables, we have the following assets to work with in trades next year:

#11 pg, healthy(?) speedy, lue, aj, slim, chill, marvin, yi, shelden, zaza, solo

we have deep bench and lots of talent and Unlimited potential

Quote:

Quote:

Its the latter. We would basically be giving the other team either Horford or Yi and we would be looking at something else lower in the draft. If I tossed out names it would be nothing but my personal speculation and not something I heard. Although a Conley at #6 and Noah at #11 would not shock me (note that's my speculation) if we did indeed make that trade for #6 and Charlie V.

I wonder if BK neglecting Conley is just a smokescreen.