• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My head is spinning

SuperSavvyNation

One thing that BK recently said is kind of intriguing...that Shelden will get more time at center this coming year. That tells me that either A.) Zaza will again be our starting center...or B.) Zaza will be gone. We can't realistically have an upgraded starting center, Zaza as the backup, and still get Shelden minutes at the 5.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Geez. The idea is to keep people out of the lane. Smoove can out jump the whole league does that mean he can guard Shaq and Duncan because he can 'challenge' their shots. Defending PF/C's in the nba means being strong enough to put a body on them. Just ask Ben Wallace.

Shelden wasn't keeping people out of the lane either. That is why Woody didnt play him much.

If Shelden wasn't keeping people out of the lane how was he getting all those defensive rebounds?

Guest Walter

Quote:

I'm sure BK would love to play Mr. Potato head and mythiclly create a C and PG. But please tell me of the two C's taken last year O'bryant and Armstrong, both taken well after Shelden what C there was for BK to choose from????????

Not only was Roy F-A-R better Pg next to JJ than SW is a center next to JS, not only was he more talented...Roy had significantly more trade value. Frankly there is not a single reason to draft SW over Roy...not positional, not talent, not value. NOt one.

This year, there is not a single reason to draft Conley 3. The reasons are slightly different, however.

1) We realized we simply are not as talented as we would have liked to have thought. We continue to need serious talent.

2) While we need a Pg, we can get one that's just as good if not better at 11.

3) Yi has more trade value than Conley.

So, just as last year (although this year with talent being more pressing) we should pick the player with the most talent and trade value at 3. Unlike last year we can clearly fill our Pg need at 11.

W

There were way too many 13-4 and 17-5 runs made on this team because it didn't have the firepower to compete when JJ's shots weren't falling. A decent point guard would help of course but a post player who can actually produce some offense down low wouldn't hurt, either.

i love how after one year of play a player is a "superior" talent.

that and i love the idea of BK as a horrible drafter, he is the one GM that hasn't had a complete whiff. The drafts are crap shoots, like Tor taking Arrojo with the 8th pick several years back. Players can look amazing on tape, in practice, in workouts, whatever, but there are always bust. You can't label a single BK pick a bust. IT may not have been the best pick, but name one GM that didnt pass on this guy or that guy at some point. But one thing there isnt a single BK pick that doesnt have value right now.

All these trade proposals of Chill or Sheld for this player and that player while I think most are ludacris, they still get more value then drafting Fran Vazquez in the lottery.

I love when people make their opinons and generalizations about things. I posted this back after the draft. BK has only had 2 picks in the top 5. Marvin and Shelden. Thats it. Look at this and his avg draft position and look at the talent accumalated vs other teams. Every single team has been hit or miss. BK has at least drafted a viable NBA talent with every pick.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Quote:

Call it a slow day at work, but just to show what we are saying by picks better GM, here are teams drafts for 2003,2004,2005 since the 2006 rookies havent played enough to judge they will not be included. The teams are ranked in avg. pick number. This only includes 1st rounders. SO logically the teams with the lower draft postion should be worse picks. Those at the top of the list have had picks of better caliber players.

Avg Pick

1) 4.5 Mil- 8)TJ Ford, 1)Andrew Bogut

2) 5.5 Cle- 1)Lebron James, 10)Luke Jackson

3) 5.6 Chi- 7)Kirk Hinrich, 3)Ben Gordon, 7)Loul Deng

4) 6.6 Cha- 2)Emkea Okafor, 5)Raymond Felton,13)Sean May

5) 7.3 LAC- 6)Kaman, 4) Livingston, 12)Yaraslov Korolev

6) 8.5 NYK- 9)Frye, 8)Sweetney

7) 8.8 Tor- 4)Bosh, 8)Arajuo, 7)Villenueva, 16)J. Graham

8) 9 Phi- 9)Iguedola

9) 10 Was- 10)Jarvis Hayes

10) 10.3 GST- 11)Pietrus, 11)Biedrinis, 9)Diogiu

11) 11.8 Atl- 22)Boris, 6)Chill, 17)Smoove, 2)Marvin

12) 12 Orl- 16)R. Gains, 1)Howard, 20)Nelson, 11)Vazquez

13) 13.3 Uta- 20)Pavlovic, 14)Humphries, 16)Snyder, 3)Deron

14) 13.6 NO - 19)West, 18) JR Smith, 4) Paul

15) 16 Sea- 12)Collison, 15)Ridnour, 12)Swift, 25)Petro

16) 16.6 Den- 3)Melo, 20)Julis Hodge, 27) Linos Kleiza

17) 17.6 Mia- 5)Wade, 19)Dorell Wright, 29)Wayne Simon

18) 18 Det- 2)Darko, 26)Delfino, 26)Jason Maxell

19) 18.3 Por- 24)Outlaw, 13)Telfair, 22)Khyrpa, 23)Monia,

6)Jack, 22)Martell Wbster

20) 18.6 Dal- 30)Howard, 5)Harris, 21)Pavel Podkolzine

21) 19 NJN- 23)Zoran Planic

22) 19.5 PHX- 18)Cabarkaba, 21)Nate Robinson

23) 20 Bos- 17)T. bell, 21)D. Jones, 15)Jefferson,

18)Green, 24) West, 25) Allen

24) 20.3 Mem- 14)Banks, 28)Perkins, 19)Warrick

25) 20.5 Min- 27)Nbudi Ebi, 14)Rashd McCants

26) 20.6 LAL- 25)Cook, 27)Vujaecic, 10)Bynum

27) 23 Ind- 29)Harrison, 17)Granger

28) 24 Hou- 24) Luther Head

29) 24.5 Sac- 26) Kevin Martin, 23) F. Garcia

30) 28.3 SA- 29)Barbosa, 28) Udrih, 28) Ian Mahiuni

Have fun but name 5 teams with better total picks, not just one guy cause they had a high pick and then compare that years pick wtih Atl. Name 5 teams with better drafts. PLEASE.

I will give you with avg picks worse then ours Dal, NO, and Utah have done better.

Quote:

I posted this back after the draft. BK has only had 2 picks in the top 5.

This will be the 4th year in a row he has had a top 6 pick. He has yet to get even the second best player available let alone the first.

Even an idiot could get lucky and get the right pick once, but not BK.

say what you will, the nba lottery is a crap shoot just like go dawg said. unless you get lucky and have the shot to draft a transcendant talent like dwight howard, lebron james or dwayne wade... everyone else is a bunch of question marks. i'd say cleveland/detroit have just as bad a history of making really questionable draft picks but both got lucky with having high draft picks in a really deep draft.

even this year, you have oden and durant. and then a whole bunch of ?????????

BS Abe. Total BS. I have emailed my choices to Bruce Levenson and Bernie Mullin the last 3 years since I upgraded my tickets.

I wanted Deron Williams, Deng, and Foye (I wanted Roy but I knew he wasn't being considered).

I am not NBA GM material by a long shot. How in the hell cannot BK get it right one time? His handling of last years draft was the most unprofessional in memory.

Your post and Dwgs are a damn copout. Why not just draw the pick out of a hat? If the whole thing is a crapshoot. Come on.

• Premium Member

Quote:

i'm just saying you show me a gm who has a history of not picking a bust early in the draft..

That's not a legitimate reason to defend a GM. Drafting the worst of the 3 available prospects 3 years in a row when you are picking in the top 6 is absolute draft failure at it's finest.

Quote:

it's almost impossible to defend some of bk's picks and his rationale in the draft.

But you're defending BK? That's a headscratcher.

Quote:

Quote:

i'm just saying you show me a gm who has a history of not picking a bust early in the draft..

That's not a legitimate reason to defend a GM. Drafting the worst of the 3 available prospects 3 years in a row when you are picking in the top 6 is absolute draft failure at it's finest.

Quote:

it's almost impossible to defend some of bk's picks and his rationale in the draft.

But you're defending BK? That's a headscratcher.

i'm not...i thought i just made that clear.

i just told you it's not a matter of sticking up for bk, it's more of trying to make you realize all gm's screw up in the lottery too. not just bk.

Quote:

i'm not...i thought i just made that clear.

i just told you it's not a matter of sticking up for bk, it's more of trying to make you realize all gm's screw up in the lottery too. not just bk.

Get used to it. 99% of the board wants everything in black in white. If you say any statement that's not 100% anti-BK then you must think he's a great GM. If you want to draft a certain player then you must think all other players are horrible, etc, etc...