RPG 5.7

APG 5.4

SPG 1.44

BPG .47

FG% .463

FT% .868

3P% .344

MPG 40.8

Any chance of us landing Kobe (I say no) would cost us Joe, our draft picks, and a combination of Marvin, CHillz, and JSmoove. I know that Kobe in some people mind is the best player in the game (which I think is Duncan). From a production point of view Kobe is not that much better than Kobe. Remember Kobe is older that JJ and has more wear and tear on his body. Another point about Joe is that he is what I call an skill player (ie Reggie Miller, Tim Duncan, Larry Bird,John Stockton, Nash etc) a player that can play for years because they understand the game not because they are the fastest or the strongest. Plus he is a good teammate something that is becoming really important in the new era of team basketball. Remember that no man is bigger than the team.

I was surprised to see that JJ's FG% and 3PT FG% were higher than Kobe's. He is also about 4-5 years younger (as you mentioned). My whole point in trading for Kobe would be to pair him with Joe so if Joe is included I say a definite NO. Kobe can opt out in 2009 and I'm positive he would in Atlanta.

#3/Marvin Williams and either Josh Childress or Zaza is as good a deal as LA will find, IMO.

My final and most important point regarding the idea of including Joe in a deal for Kobe:

'Joe Johnson wants to be here'

the one thing that Kobe has, that JJ doesn't have, is that killer instinct. I think JJ is developing it, but Kobe will do everything possible to will his team to win.

Kobe = superstar

JJ = star

If it were possible to team them up together, you're talking about a team that could do major damage in the playoffs.

JJ is the 21st century version of Mitch Richmond. I called into a national radio show after the initial All-Star selections were made, omitting JJ in favor of Caron Butler.

I compared JJ to Mitch and the host totally agreed with me ( Jorge Sedano - FOX sports radio ). When you look at Mitch's numbers back in the day, that guy was the ish. But he was just like JJ. A very, very good player . . but not a superstar talent.

My greatest fear with the Hawks, is that we end up like those Kings teams of the mid 90s. It was Mitch, and no one else who played consistently enough for that team to win. And they flat out failed to put talented players around that guy, so that he could win.

JJ is Mitch reincarnated:

http://databasebasketball.com/players/play...ilkid=RICHMMI01

Kobe is better than Joe. Kobe can take over alot of games and almost single handedly got the Lakers to the playoffs in a tough conferance. That said Id rather just keep JJ and build with him. JJ wanted to be a Hawks and still does. JJ is a solid player and person. I would not be at all thrilled about having to root for Kobe. I just dont like the guy.