• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Putting this to rest ONCE & FOR ALL!

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

Wurider said:

Quote:

No matter what we can't forget...that barring the rash of injuries last season we would have been a playoff team.

...or that one is obviously deranged to think such a thing.

How many "shiny, happy fans" does it take to screw in a light bulb?

None. They exude magical rays of mystical sunshine that light the world in a wondrous glow in hues of fabulous color.

Maybe two. One to make a light bulb out of horse [censored] and the other to set it on fire.

How many "shiny, happy fans" see the 4th losingest team without a playoff win in 10 years, a 26 win team without Al Harrington and with Lo, Speedy, and SW and they think "playoff team if not for the silly little boo-boos"?

Who are you people? Is there a critical thinker amongst you? One that doesn't seek out and find rainbows in their 6 a.m. shower? Can we at least establish that UNTIL we make the playoffs we are NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM! After 10 years of not being a playoff team how can we assume we are one?!? How incredibly silly it is to claim a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in 10 years, that only added SW, Lo, and Speedy and lost Al Harrington from the 26 win team prior, was in "reality" a playoff team were it not for the injuries.

We were NOT a playoff team last year. NEVER were. Not even close. Done. Settled.

W

I think fans want to be sure we are on the right track. As much as for whatever reason it angers you so much, with all the injuries we had and the youth we have (that lost a bit of development/experience by being out), we probably would have made the playoffs if it had not happened. And you cannot fully beleive that our young talent has peaked therefore beleiving we would even better in the future.

• Premium Member

When I saw the subject header, and then when I saw him introduce the actual topic, I thought to myself... "Okay, W's obviously come upon some factoid or line or reasoning that makes it clearly apparent that he's right and the other side is wrong."

What I got, instead, was W weilding his insult sword.

Empty.

Hollow.

One could say, juvenile, even.

Guest Walter

Quote:

"Okay, W's obviously come upon some factoid or line or reasoning that makes it clearly apparent that he's right and the other side is wrong."

While we are not quite as bad as our 4th worst record, we are no where near the playoffs.

Not one of you can refute the statement below. Not one. I guess that's why you attecked me personally Sturt with your "insult sword". Nice one (snicker).

Quote:

Can we at least establish that UNTIL we make the playoffs we are NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM! After 10 years of not being a playoff team how can we assume we are one?!? How incredibly silly it is to claim a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in 10 years, that only added SW, Lo, and Speedy and lost Al Harrington from the 26 win team prior, was in "reality" a playoff team were it not for the injuries.

Hope is not bad until it clouds judgment. If we think we are just a role player away then we'll draft for a role player (SW). If last year proved anything it should have proved we aren't. Until we demonstrate otherwise the past returns MUST be assumed whenever we make any decisions. "10 years without the playoffs and only the big bad boo boo kept us out this year." Hello?!?

W

Quote:

Like it matters. For all the shiny happy fans that emit magical light beams, you have enough negativity to block out the sun.

You took the words right out of my mouth. cool.gif

Walterdamus needs to listen to more R.E.M., cause he seems like one of the unshineist, unhappiest persons I've ever seen!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I guess that's why you attecked me personally Sturt with your "insult sword". Nice one (snicker).

Wait just a cotton-pickin-minute.

YOU started the thread... wasn't my responsibility or anyone else's to make the case until YOU made the case for your point... as opposed to just "ATTACKING" those who disagree with you.

(Geez, W... you're getting soft... you called THAT "attacking"?????)

Guest Walter

Quote:

Wait just a cotton-pickin-minute.

YOU started the thread... wasn't my responsibility or anyone else's to make the case until YOU made the case for your point

I started the thread in response to a post citing we would have, should have been in the playoffs if not for injuries. I didn't make the initial positive assertion. I didn't claim something would have been that has not been for TEN YEARS! In fact I stated that:

Quote:

Can we at least establish that UNTIL we make the playoffs we are NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM!

I'm stating that, after 10 years of not being a playoff team with such insignificant changes to the team like SW, Lo, and Speedy along with the loss of Al Harrington, until we are a playoff team we can't be assumed to be a playoff team. My friend, if one wants to argue against 10 years of history, a 26 win record the year prior, THEY, not I, should have to make a case for it.

And still, no one can refute this.

W