• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Grizz are trying to work us over

gsuteke

Another monkey wrench is that the new Grizz GM is really, really high on Yi.

Chris Wallace on Yi.....

Quote:

"As good as Oden and Durant are, this draft is deeper than those two players. Take a look at the Florida players. You have to be very encouraged about their prospects, they're going to be very, very good. Then there's Yi Jianlian; we haven't discussed him much. I've watched him play three times this year, I saw Yi in Qatar at the Asian Games in December where his team won the gold medal, and there's no question in my mind that this past season he would have been a major player in college basketball. In college there are very few players at his size with comparable athleticism and outside shooting skill.

You just don't find too many guys in college basketball who are around 7'0" who have his athleticism. And he doesn't have a totally skinny body. He's probably somewhere in the 240s, and his body could add some strength to it. He can also step out to 15-17 feet and make shots. It's a very impressive package that he has."

What about his commitment to the Chinese National Team?

"That will be a factor in his development, but the team that drafts him will just have to work through it, because the national team commitment is very important in China. Probably for several years after he enters the NBA, most of his offseason time is going to be taken up with his national team commitments. Yi will probably play for the Chinese National Team in the Vegas Summer League this July. Obviously, as the Chinese National team makes its push for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, Yi will be spending a significant portion of his offseasons with the National Team.

That said, his national team participation has been advantageous to his development, as he's gone up in practice against the likes of Yao Ming, Wang Zhizhi and other experienced Chinese big men. He also has benefited from playing against some of the best players in the world during the actual competitions that the team has participated in. While most American fans don't know a great deal about the CBA (Chinese Basketball Association), Yi has faced a steady diet of experienced, older, physically mature big men and basically has played against more size than any of the players coming out of college in this draft faced in their respective conferences.

• Premium Member

Quote:

FWIW. those who think we can wait on Conley to drop at 11 better come up with a Plan B.

Plan B. Jarrett Jack

Plan C. Acie Law/Javaris Crittenton/Rodney Stuckey

Plan D. Jose Calderon

I'd say the Hawks have plenty of options.

Quote:

according to the Dan Patrick show this afternoon and those on RealGM's Grizz board say he is their #2 target behind Horford.

FWIW. those who think we can wait on Conley to drop at 11 better come up with a Plan B.

Those are some legit sources you got there. champagne.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

I said you can't take Roy because he's not a PG. his skillset is redundant when you have Joe on the same team.

the only agenda I have is wanting to see the Hawks win basketball games.

P.S. Roy is a perfect example of a player's stats not translating from one team to another.

Boy don't you look foolish now. Either you have an agenda or NO player evaluating skills. R.O.Y. vs SW .4 BPG? Roy is a better Pg next to JJ than SW is a center next to JS.

Wouldn't Horford be just as if not even more redundant than Roy (who is also more talented)? If Horford were the most talented player/prospect I wouldn't care if he was "redundant" in terms of both position and skill set. He's not. Yi is. And while Yi may be positionally "redundant" his skill set is VERY unique. We have to trade if we want a center anyhow. Draft Yi, Pg, and trade from our forward excess to get a center.

W

Quote:

Quote:

according to the Dan Patrick show this afternoon and those on RealGM's Grizz board say he is their #2 target behind Horford.

Those are some legit sources you got there. champagne.gif

good point.