• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jarrett Jack

bumpyphish1

Check out these comments from Hollinger's chat on Jack. I hope BK is on the same page. I do not want to give up our 11 for Jack!

"David (RI): John, a quick one for you. Calderon to ATL for the #11. Works for both teams right?

John Hollinger: (2:49 PM ET ) Great for the Raptors... great short-term for the Hawks, but not sur that isn't slightly overpaying considering they'll have to pay Calderon after a year. But heck, if they're willing to consider Jarrett Jack for # 11, they should be willing to consider this. "

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BK has been known to overpay; ie JJ.

What a terrible example.

Some people still don't realize that BK ripped off the Suns. He staked his career on it and came out with a home run.

The Suns have been better since JJ left so I doubt they are crying in their wheaties over that trade.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BK has been known to overpay; ie JJ.

What a terrible example.

Some people still don't realize that BK ripped off the Suns. He staked his career on it and came out with a home run.

The Suns have been better since JJ left so I doubt they are crying in their wheaties over that trade.

They are. Check their realGM board. You think Pistons fans don't cry for passing on Wade, just because they won championships. On top of all that, Diaw played for a big contract and now they have to trade Shawn Marion or Amare. They are stuck with Diaw. At least JJ would have produced.

JJ hasn't been able to lift Atlanta out of the NBA gutter yet, so not sure how he would help the Suns cure their defensive shortcomings, nor their financial issues given his hefty paycheck.

And I rather win a championship then make a great draft pick, but that is me. Perhaps you feel differently.

Quote:

JJ hasn't been able to lift Atlanta out of the NBA gutter yet

Neither has Garnett, but, obviously Suns want him badly. To take teams like Atlanta out of the gutter, you need a few more experienced teammates and a lot of other things. Its silly to use that logic against one player.

Quote:

And I rather win a championship then make a great draft pick, but that is me. Perhaps you feel differently.

Obviously. What does that have to do with who had the better end of the deal? Did anyone argue with you that Hawks are a better team than the suns?

Quote:

Quote:

JJ hasn't been able to lift Atlanta out of the NBA gutter yet

Neither has Garnett, but, obviously Suns want him badly. To take teams like Atlanta out of the gutter, you need a few more experienced teammates and a lot of other things. Its silly to use that logic against one player.

Quote:

Obviously. What does that have to do with who had the better end of the deal? Did anyone argue with you that Hawks are a better team than the suns?

Um, you are the one who used Detroit passing on Wade as an example of fans who would be crying in their Wheaties. I am just saying I rather win a championship then make the right draft pick.

Basketball is a team game, and if the pieces do not fit then the individual talent will not shine through. Part of that has to do with having the right system in place, but the other part is having players capable of playing certain roles. Unfortunately for the Hawks, they have no system in place, terrible coaching and their best players all play the same two positions.