• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kobe to Atlanta ?

elyiye

for this site http://nbadraft2007.blogspot.com/, what do you think?

When Kobe Bryant first demanded a trade, I took it as a threat to the organization. If the Lakers didn’t make a move and get him some help, Bryant would refuse to continue his career in Los Angeles. Well, two weeks later, Bryant has realized what everyone else already knew. The Lakers don’t have enough talent on their roster to trade for the difference-maker (Jason Kidd, Jermaine O’Neal) that Bryant wants to team with. So now the question becomes what do the Lakers get in return for one of the best players to ever play? A lot of teams will be interested in Bryant, but there are only a few that can offer the Lakers anything close to a fair deal. One team that absolutely can is the Atlanta Hawks. The Hawks have a terrific young nucleus in Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, and the #3 and #11 picks in the upcoming NBA Draft. All of those players and picks would interest LA. A possible trade would be Johnson, the #3 pick, and Williams to the Lakers for Bryant and Kwame Brown. In this case, the Lakers would be able to draft Al Horford at #3 and would probably take a PG with their own pick at #19, such as Acie Law or Gabe Pruitt. Say they get Law, which is a strong possibility, here’s how their depth chart for next year would look:

PG- Acie Law, Jordan Farmar

SG- Joe Johnson, Maurice Evans

SF- Lamar Odom, Sasha Vujacic

PF- Marvin Williams, Al Horford, Vladamir Radmanovic

C- Andrew Bynum, Ronny Turiaf, Brian Cook

Note: This is assuming that after completing the trade, LA will not re-sign Luke Walton, Shammond Williams, Smush Parker, or Chris Mihm.

Atlanta might have to give up a lot to get Bryant, but if this trade goes through, the Hawks will automatically become one of the league’s elite teams. Assuming they draft a PG with the 11th pick, here’s what their lineup would look like next season:

PG- Javaris Crittenton, Speedy Claxton, Tyronn Lue

SG- Kobe Bryant, Salim Stoudamire

SF- Josh Smith, Josh Childress

PF- Kwame Brown, Solomon Jones

C- Shelden Williams, Zaza Pauchilla

Josh Smith would be the Scottie Pippen to Kobe’s Jordan. In addition, they would have a very physical frontcourt with Brown and Williams and a potentially great point guard in Crittenton. This Hawks team would be very dangerous in the East.

Quote:

A possible trade would be Johnson, the #3 pick, and Williams to the Lakers for Bryant and Kwame Brown.

I do not see BK giving up JJ (a lottery pick in anyone's world right now) MWill (a #2 pick) and a 3rd overall pick for Kobe and Kwame. This guy has to be a Lakers homey..

Quote:

In this case, the Lakers would be able to draft Al Horford at #3 and would probably take a PG with their own pick at #19, such as Acie Law or Gabe Pruitt. Say they get Law, which is a strong possibility,

Yea right, Acie Law drops to 19 just so this guy's homer Lakers can look great on paper...

Quote:

When Kobe Bryant first demanded a trade,

Kobe demaded a trade so he can be on a winner. This trade goes down; he is still the only all-star on the team. I do not know who wrote this; but for sure the Lakers would be looking real good and we (Hawks) would be looking like the medicore playoff team the Lakers are right now...

Have another drink and forget about it wink.gif

Quote:

LOL I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. To get Kobe AND Kwame Brown for that asking price is amazing. However, LAL would probably ask for much more than that.

I still don't get the fascination that some of you have with Kwame Brown. He is a bust. Some of you guys act like when he puts on a Hawks uniform he will average 25 pts 13 rbs and 5 blks a game.

When have I ever acted like that?

He is a 10/6 player who could solidly back up ZaZa. We don't need Shaq at Center. We need a big body to help out.

Anyway, to think that JJ, #3, and Marvin is a bad asking price for a superstar and an average player is ludicrous