• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Woodson on 680 the Fan

BHayley

He spoke on the Buck and Kincade show.

-He was very impressed with Law, Crittenton, and Gordon at today's workouts. They all "were going at it"

-Said we won 30 games this last year, which is good, considering the fact that we were decimated by injuries

-Kincade tried to criticize the team, but Woodson handled himself well, saying that this coming year is "pivotal"

-He said no one has any clue what will be done until it's done at the draft

-Says it would be great to add veterans to the team

-Seemed very upset with all the injuries we went through this year, especially the point guards

-Conley is a guy "we definitely have to look at" on Monday. He won't be polished because he's a freshman and needs to put on weight, but the fact that he went to a championship put him in a better light.

Quote:

-Conley is a guy "we definitely have to look at" on Monday. He won't be polished because he's a freshman and needs to put on weight, but the fact that he went to a championship put him in a better light.

Not sure what to make of that.

I am tired of the injury excuse. Other teams had a lot of injuries too.

Quote:

Yeah but most teams didn't lose every one of their players in their rotation for most of the season. I think he said that their 9 man rotation only played together for 5 games.

We were very healthy at the center spot and yet that was a huge weakness all year.

Quote:

I thought it was our starting 5 only played 9 games. Am I right? Claxton,Joe,marvin,smoove, and zaza. The chemistry last year had to of been a problem.

Those five players only started four games last year.

I am surprised if our top 9 guys played even one game together.

Also, how well did the other teams with injuries do?

Celtics: lottery

Memphis: lottery

Bucks: lottery

Those 3 teams had worse records than Atlanta. Obviously there were other teams that had injuries as well, but when you take a team that has a marginal shot at the playoffs and add a ton of injuries, I don't expect a great record.

I haven't looked but i am pretty sure the Bobcats had it worse. Houston and Miami got hit hard.

The pitiful offseason aquisitions played a huge role in the lame season. And you can't blame the Hawks putrid center play on injuries.

As a young team our margin for error was much smaller. Injuries to key players have a bigger effect on our team than it would to Miami or Phoenix. People want to discount our injuries because it kills their ability to [censored] about the season, but rational people can't ignore the facts.

Even if we had a team of

Chris Paul/Roy

JJ/Iguodala

Josh Howard

Smoove

Zaza

If CP, JJ Josh Howard and Smoove all miss at least 20 games each you wouldn't win.

Quote:

Yeah but most teams didn't lose every one of their players in their rotation for most of the season. I think he said that their 9 man rotation only played together for 5 games.

Thats the point we need to remember. We would have been a playoff team without the injuries.That is why we need to get the BPA with the 3rd pick. Whether its Yi (my pick) or Horford. We are getting a christmas gift with the pick and that gift my friends will be talent.

Quote:

Doesn't matter because Houston and Charlotte didn't make the playoffs and Miami got elimintated in the first round. Therefore injuries are a valid excuse for our record last year...or at least it was a big factor.

I hate when people throw around the word "excuse"

Injuries are a REASON why teams lose games.

The New England Patriots has everyone's brains screwed up as far as overcoming injuries. Those guys are an exception to the rule.

Injuries...

I'm so TIRED OF THIS BULL$HIT!!!

I hear it from the Atlanta Spirit Group

I hear it from Bernie "definition of STOOGE" Mullin

I hear it from Mike "The Scowler" Woodson

I'M TIRED OF HEARING EXCUSES FOR THEIR INEPTITUDE!!!

How about NOT signing a consistently injured (check the stats) career BACKUP Point Guard to a contract worth $6 million per season.

How about NOT then going on the air and making the assanine statement that you only expected this $6 million dollar per season investment to play "About 55 games"...

How about NOT allowing your GM to "make a promise" to an inferior player with our #5 pick in last years' draft.

How about NOT allowing your GM to waste the #2 pick on "upside" (which means UNPROVEN) in Marvin Williams over "Proven leadership in the style of Isiah Thomas" in Chris Paul.

How about NOT calling the regurgitation signings of Lorenzen "I know I'm practically stealing a paycheck" Wright and John "Random White Guy" Edwards the "solution to our problems at center"...

We are THE WORST RUN TEAM IN THE NBA and it has nothing to do with the players...

think about it

13-69

26-56

30-52

THE TIME FOR CHANGE HAS COME, RUNG THE DOORBELL, LOOKED IN THE WINDOWS, and decided "eh, f*ck it"