• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin/#3 for D. Howard is acceptable to us ... so

Admin

would that same offer be acceptable for Amare Stoudemire? Realizing that he isn't the defender that Howard is, makes more money than Howard, and isn't a local product like Howard is? Would giving up the 3rd pick and Marvin be worth it to us? Obviously we would have to throw in more players to balance the salary but Marvin and the 3rd would be the only building blocks we would give up. Would Phoenix take that offer? If they are really worried about the luxury tax then I might see them accept an offer like that. What about his knee(s)? Was it just one knee or both? Will he go the way of McDyess? I could definitely see Phoenix consider this because they could cut payroll, get rid of the worry of Amare's knees, and leave the draft with Horford/Yi and Marvin, plus their later 2 picks. That's not too shabby. The questions for us are how big of a risk are his knees? Can he play the 5 in the east? Would JJ accept him?

Personally I hope that we sweeten the pot on the Dwight Howard offer, but I strongly doubt that we could offer them anything that will make them seriously consider moving him. So if the deal was available, Marvin/#3 for Amare ... should we do it?

Yes because you put amare at the 4 move JSmoove to the 3 and draft any of the point guards at 11. I dont think that may be enough for amare though even though he has bad knees. I would Give the Magic for Howard #3 , Marvin, Shelden , Salim Stoudamire and a Future 1st rounder. Can you Imagine JJ+Smoove+DH12 WOW. If we got amare we would have Conley/Critt Joe Smoove Amare Shelden or zaza. Amares knee injury is really scary though. I do not think Amare would come to play here though I think joe and him did not get along in PHX. Thats why Joe Johnson wanted out of there they clashed heads way too many times.

Isn't Amare Stoudemire considered to be injury prone? If that's the case I wouldn't dare give up the #3 pick and Marvin for him. Plus like you said Howard is more of a defensive presence than Stoudemire is.........and that's what we need, better interior defense.