• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IS this true?

Diesel

• Premium Member

If you have talent at the PG you take it.

If you have talent in the paint you take it.

Talent comes before POSITION because we have tradable players.

Now, here's the facts...

1. There are no Centers in this draft.

2. Horford is a very weak representation of a dominant big. He's less offensive than Okafor and his defense compared to Alonzo and Okafor is non-existent.

3. MCJ may be a good PG, but he's a big risk. Small PGs who can't shoot are trouble unless they are paired with a dominant big. We don't have a dominant big.

Yi is looking really good from the standpoint that he has very good offensive skills already. Weather it's a drill, weather it's in the CBA, or weahter it's scoring on TEAM USA.. as JB said, Speed in Beijing is speed on Bankhead.

Now if we had only had the 3rd pick, I would want to trade down for 2 picks or a player and a pick. I would probably go for Charlie V. and #6. However, we do have 2 picks. That said, we can use #3 on the most talented player in the draft (Yi) and go for PG at 11. I really like Law but I think BK will trade 11 for Jack and I'm not opposed to that. Or BK will move one of our other players for a vet PG and we will take Critt at 11... I'm not so opposed to that either (depending on the Vet PG).

But we can't waste this opportunity to gather a very talented player on a guy that all of you know will never be an Allstar.. Nor can we waste it on a guy all of you know can't shoot and at 6'0 170 will lose the drive part of his game (unless we get a dominate big).

Brandan Wright is a heartless, Malcontent, Marvin Clone that only weighs 200 lbs.

I still agree with what I said about 4 weeks ago.

1. Trade #3 and Filler for Gasol.

2. Yi @3.

I'm starting to change my mind about Randolph for #3 but the price tag makes me say "Oh No".

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Well, I missed it. I saw KB of all people posting it as what was said on 680?

Was it after the LA visit.. because if it was, there's no need for us to look any further, Yi is the man.