• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What position does Marvin play? (read post)

DavidSomerset

• Premium Member

You must be arguing with a non Hawks fan who thinks he knows what he's talking about. I hate when people try to tell me what position someone plays when I see every game.

Quote:

Marvin is a SF. He would fall back 20 feet if a big man elbowed him as a PF. Like I said and you disagreed with, trade Marvin, put Smoove at SF, Shelden, Gasol/big man we acquire at PF, and Shelden at C.

Putting Smoove at SF for an extended period, would virtually kill any chance he has of becoming a star. When he plays SF, all I want Smoove to do is to take his first open shot. If he makes it, he can keep shooting. If he misses, NEVER SHOOT IT AGAIN. Just pass the ball.

Keep Smoove at the PF.

And Marvin is a SF. He has much more skill at the SF, than Smith will ever have. But Smoove, if he gets tougher and more mentally focused, could be a dynamic PF in the years to come.

• Premium Member

Quote:

This is interesting. I thought jSmith played more PF but 82games said he played 40% at SF while only 20% at PF spot.

http://www.82games.com/0607/06ATL11C.HTM

It's wrong. Smith played more PF than he did SF. Some of it could be from the beginning of the season though, when he started at SF for the first 20 or so games.