• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why criticise Sothron ???

Gray Mule

So: Three different Ideas on who to draft.

B.K. Wants to draft - - -

Woody wants to draft - - - -

Owners want to draft - - - -

And they can't or don't agree! Imagine that! WOW!!

How many posters are there on Hawksquawk? Several.

We can't agree on who the Hawks should draft, although

there DOES seem to be agreement on who NOT to draft!!

Some here act as if Sothron simply made all this up.

If he came here and said "Everyone is 100 % in agreement,

then I would certainly question his post. He didn't.

In addition to the three different opinions about who

to draft, trade for, etc. - - Just try to get all of

us here on Hawksquawk to agree on what to do!!

(Apparently, we did all agree on who NOT to draft @ #3)

Only after you've done that, tell Sothron he's wrong.

Whether it's right or wrong, and I believe it's right,

his information sure stirred up a lot of posters!!

Sothron, keep up the good work !!!

trampoline.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

And some people aren't very bright.

Or maybe they have poor memory. It wasn't that long ago that Sothron made a comment on here which was reported on RealGM's newswire not long after.

Can you believe it has been viewed 4 X more then any other post in a matter of hours.

Their are definalty alot of trolls scanning the site who look at ONLY Sorthon's updates.

Wonder how many, if any, are sports writers or NBA front office guys ?

• Premium Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. Actually there's been more that one occasion where I reported something (BK and Portland GM phone call, BK serious about Yi, BK serious about Horford, BK not that high on Conley, BK high on Critt) that was later picked up on by realgm, Chad Ford, the guy at draft express...I can keep going but so far its all been confirmed.

I can definitely understand why people would have suspicion or distrust. All I can say is that everything I've reportedhas been verified later on either by the parties themselves or other media outlets. If that is not enough to convince some people then I honestly don't know what will. My sources are not Knight or Levenson or Woodson who can call me up and say "Soth we are taking Horford at #3 bank on it and tell your friends at the Squawk!". They simply relay information to me that usually (but not always) comes true.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Can you believe it has been viewed 4 X more then any other post in a matter of hours.

Their are definalty alot of trolls scanning the site who look at ONLY Sorthon's updates.

I seriously wish kudzu or some other admin could start a new forum for hawksquawk supporters only. I do NOT like the fact my information is being regurgitated and passed off as other people's "inside information" on other sites or its being reposted on other boards and I am not being given credit. I won't even go into people like Chad Ford using my information because he ripped jaywalker off for years that way.

Quote:

The view count is so high because I (and someone else again later)linked to this thread in Sekou's AJC blog. I figured it was ok since Sothron had permission to post this stuff and also since this info still does not tell any other teams what we are ultimately going to do in the draft.

As an aside, I could imagine that his source(s) for this info may be in ownership - after all, BK can't fire them for putting out info, or I could also see how this info could be useful as a smokescreen and once its posted here it spreads far and wide, which Sothron said his sources knew was the case.

Well I hope you don't mind as I did link to the thread, not cut and paste and claim as my own. They had to click and come here to read your post. There are some good Hawk's fans that post alot in Sekou's blogs and I felt they needed to consider this info for the discussions there.

mj

• Premium Member

Quote:

Well I hope you don't mind as I did link to the thread, not cut and paste and claim as my own. They had to click and come here to read your post. There are some good Hawk's fans that post alot in Sekou's blogs and I felt they needed to consider this info for the discussions there.

mj

Can you link me to where you posted the link? Just curious.

Quote:

Quote:

mj

Can you link me to where you posted the link? Just curious.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...see_what_2.html

I have not checked yet to see if Sekou put another topic up yet or whether this is still one is current on the front Sports page at AJC.

Quote:

If that is not enough to convince some people then I honestly don't know what will.

Hey, don't even worry about it. If people want to be skeptical or doubt, then that's their prerogative I guess. But by no means should you take that personally or act as if it's necessary for you to convince them- because the reality is that some people are just cynical and skeptical by nature, and to try and change that or convince them of some other outlook would be a pointless waste of time. But I would venture to say that the vast majority of HawkSquawkers are very appreciative of whatever info you're able to provide us with, so keep it up please!

• 1 year later...
So: Three different Ideas on who to draft.

B.K. Wants to draft - - -

Woody wants to draft - - - -

Owners want to draft - - - -

And they can't or don't agree! Imagine that! WOW!!

How many posters are there on Hawksquawk? Several.

We can't agree on who the Hawks should draft, although

there DOES seem to be agreement on who NOT to draft!!

If he came here and said "Everyone is 100 % in agreement,

then I would certainly question his post. He didn't.

In addition to the three different opinions about who

to draft, trade for, etc. - - Just try to get all of

us here on Hawksquawk to agree on what to do!!

(Apparently, we did all agree on who NOT to draft @ #3)

Only after you've done that, tell Sothron he's wrong.

Whether it's right or wrong, and I believe it's right,

his information sure stirred up a lot of posters!!

Sothron, keep up the good work !!!

Well if he is still out there and cares to return this would be the offseason to do it. Sund and the brass will have lots to talk about in the next few weeks.

Well if he is still out there and cares to return this would be the offseason to do it. Sund and the brass will have lots to talk about in the next few weeks.

Sothron is long gone. Hawksquawk ran him away. I don't know why everyone was so bothered by him it was good reading material. If you didn't like him just simply ignore him. Not a big deal. If anyone knows his e-mail address ask him to come back.

Edited by GameTime

Sothron is long gone. Hawksquawk ran him away. I don't know why everyone was so bothered by him it was good reading material. If you didn't like him just simply ignore him. Not a big deal. If anyone knows his e-mail address ask him to come back.

Yeah, I wish he still posted. Even if it was a big lie, it was at least false hope to some that we had an idea of what the owners were thinking. False hope is better than no hope for some people (actually probably the majority of people).

</font>

<font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

<hr />

<font class="post">

I seriously wish kudzu or some other admin could start a new forum for hawksquawk supporters only. I do NOT like the fact my information is being regurgitated and passed off as other people's "inside information" on other sites or its being reposted on other boards and I am not being given credit. I won't even go into people like Chad Ford using my information because he ripped jaywalker off for years that way.

I'm not sure why this thread was bumped but I do like this post. Perhaps we can get Sothron to return.