• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why criticise Sothron ???

Gray Mule

I'm not sure why this thread was bumped but I do like this post. Perhaps we can get Sothron to return.

I miss his post too. Seems he was buddies with some other posters on here. Maybe they could share his wear abouts.........if he is even still working for the ASG. Seems they, like most pro sports franchises, were forced to lay off some people.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very strange bump.

i know Diesel used to rag on Sothron all the time. TexasPete couldn't stand him either. He actually pm'd me about Sothron once.

I didn't care one way or the other whether Sothron actually had insider info.

• Premium Member
Very strange bump.

i know Diesel used to rag on Sothron all the time. TexasPete couldn't stand him either. He actually pm'd me about Sothron once.

That whole thing was all about bruised egos. Everyone was starved for inside information during that time. Sothron "provided" it, real or not, and some posters who were used to getting attention got a little jealous. To be honest, I never thought the posters who attacked the guy really cared about the authenticity of his information as much as the fact that other posters started asking Sothron for more info about the Hawks. They couldn't take it, so they practically ran him off. Sad.

That whole thing was all about bruised egos. Everyone was starved for inside information during that time. Sothron "provided" it, real or not, and some posters who were used to getting attention got a little jealous. To be honest, I never thought the posters who attacked the guy really cared about the authenticity of his information as much as the fact that other posters started asking Sothron for more info about the Hawks. They couldn't take it, so they practically ran him off. Sad.

That was the old HS - that wouldn't happen again.

Oh, new sheriff in town huh?

When all that crap happened before it was before I took over administrating the site and since then it's been cleaned up quite a bit since I have more time to be on here than Chillz did/does and we now have 3 active mods so I'd say that something like that wouldn't go over anymore, not to mention it doesn't take long for me to find multiple accounts if they even get past me at all now. Personally I hope that Sothron comes back but I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to.

• Premium Member

Let's see if a new sheriff is in fact back in town. :wink:

But I'm just me now. Don't have some of the same contacts anymore and told the others I'm retired because all I ever wanted to do was give some info to other true blue Hawks fans. Somehow that got turned into bruised egos from two or three people here *cough* and as someone else mentioned they didn't even care if what I said was validated or not. Not even Jaywalker confirming it did anything. So whatever.

Consider this a return on a trial basis. If I get personally attacked (let alone having myself and my wife threatened with physical violence in PMs by some people) like I stole someone's last Yoohoo and the mods let it go then I'm back in retirement.

I'm just a regular guy, no insider information, please don't ask for any because honestly I couldn't even get the same kind of access to the front office if I wanted to. If you see me post about something its just my opinion or a guess/speculation the same as anyone else.

Let's see if a new sheriff is in fact back in town. :wink:

But I'm just me now. Don't have some of the same contacts anymore and told the others I'm retired because all I ever wanted to do was give some info to other true blue Hawks fans. Somehow that got turned into bruised egos from two or three people here *cough* and as someone else mentioned they didn't even care if what I said was validated or not. Not even Jaywalker confirming it did anything. So whatever.

Consider this a return on a trial basis. If I get personally attacked (let alone having myself and my wife threatened with physical violence in PMs by some people) like I stole someone's last Yoohoo and the mods let it go then I'm back in retirement.

I'm just a regular guy, no insider information, please don't ask for any because honestly I couldn't even get the same kind of access to the front office if I wanted to. If you see me post about something its just my opinion or a guess/speculation the same as anyone else.

If you could find out how in the world BK and Sund wound up in the same suite I'd leave it at that.

Sheez....

Very strange bump.

I wasnt trying to open old wounds. Its just that with all the ways this offseason could go and all the tough decisions Sund will have to make, it made me think of Sothron. Im glad he posted again thats cool. I didnt know things got so bad that people threatened his wife. I have to speculate that his contacts were BK or somebody who worked for BK and doesnt work for Sund. As far as the bump of this thread I actually googled the word Sothron and this thread appeared, lol.

And Sothron is...Billy Knight! j/k

Glad to see you came back.

Well if he is BK he has plenty of time to walk his dog now, lol. Dammit Billy I wish you would have stayed, Im terrified at what moves Rick Sund will make. I have a bad feeling pick 19 will be some obscure foreign big who may never even play for us. Im worried he will lowball our guys and Marv will sign in Isreal or Russia.

Well if he is BK he has plenty of time to walk his dog now, lol. Dammit Billy I wish you would have stayed, Im terrified at what moves Rick Sund will make. I have a bad feeling pick 19 will be some obscure foreign big who may never even play for us. Im worried he will lowball our guys and Marv will sign in Isreal or Russia.

So far so good, at least with the Hawks. I'm looking at the glass half full right now, until he does something otherwise. His moves to bring in Flip and Mo were the right decisions. Let's hope it continues. (Stay away from BJ Mullins Rick!)

Sund would be hard pressed to make a worse pick than Shelden at 5. This draft seems pretty weak so taking a chance on a foreign big at 19 might not be a bad idea anyway.

• Premium Member
Sund would be hard pressed to make a worse pick than Shelden at 5. This draft seems pretty weak so taking a chance on a foreign big at 19 might not be a bad idea anyway.

I agree, this isn't a good draft. Where we pick at is probably a guard in case we lose Flip (which I think we will) and they need to fill in the minutes. Reaching for a foreign big at 19 isn't that bad of an option plus we know Sund has a history of that.

You mean like David Andersen?

BTW this thread almost seems staged - I mean it lies dormant for a couple of years, gets randomly bumped and then Sothron makes his triumphant return?

I obviously wasn't around for the Sothron era but I have read through a lot of the archives and I am happy he's back. Sothron, you should change that avatar to a picture of Jesus or the like to signify your resurrection.

And I mean no harm to Jesus.

Edited by jhay610