• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mark Bradley Says Hawks Should Take Horford....

vdunkndunk

Quote:

So, instead of trying to improve our front court, we should just simply ignore it, pass on the best post player and the only player that is remaining in the draft that can possibly play defense at the center position

Horford CANT defend the center position in the NBA. You can't get blood from a stone. The only way the Hawks will get a center who can play D is by trade.

A Conley/Stuckey draft would GREATLY improve the backcourt, adding much needed speed, scoring and playmaking ability.

• Premium Member

I agree with Bradley. Which scares me.

I do not agree that we should trade Smoove for a washed up point like Bibby though. This isn't 2001 when Bibby was a very good point guard whose lack of defense was made up by his shooting and ability to control the tempo of a game.

I do agree that if we could I would trade either Smoove or Marvin along with a pick if needed for a truly good young point. I like Smoove, don't get me wrong, but he will never have a postup game as a PF and his eFG on jump shots as a possible SF is just atrocious.

Quote:

Quote:

So, instead of trying to improve our front court, we should just simply ignore it, pass on the best post player and the only player that is remaining in the draft that can possibly play defense at the center position

Horford CANT defend the center position in the NBA. You can't get blood from a stone. The only way the Hawks will get a center who can play D is by trade.

A Conley/Stuckey draft would GREATLY improve the backcourt, adding much needed speed, scoring and playmaking ability.

pg-Conley

sg-Stuckey

SF-JJ

PF-Marvin (Smith)

C-ZAZA (Shelden)

Not a bad lineup. It would be great having three ball handlers but I am not sure about the shooting for Stuckey and Conley. We would have to Run.

C-ZAZA

• Moderators

He mentions Bibby because he was a good point guard the last time Bradley watched an NBA game.

He like Horford because he's from the SEC and he's heard of him. Of course that doesn't make it wrong.

No one answered the question of just who outside of Shaq and Yao is Horford going to get abused by at the Center position? Is he going to be worse at center that ZaZa defensively? Who would you want at center if Horford is too small and Yi is too light?

Quote:

]

It is going to be interesting when everyone realizes this next season, assuming we take Horford. Which PF is going to the bench, the fans' favorite player on the Hawks, or the #3 pick that was supposed to be ready to contribute from day one? Then it really gets interesting when it comes time to resign Smoove.

Quote:

No one answered the question of just who outside of Shaq and Yao is Horford going to get abused by at the Center position?

Pretty much all of them. Okafor, Curry, Big Z etc will all have an easy time against him. He will be smaller than most. And a guy like Bosh can abuse him on the perimeter.

Quote:

Bradley is a DOPE. Has anyone ever heard of a worse trade EVER on this board than the 11th pick and Smoove...for Bibby?

This guy is truly out of touch. Talk about a credibility issue. Bradley is a turd.

I would take Horford over Yi though.

They were talking about the same trade proposal on 680 the Fan. Why in the hell would you trade a 20/10 player and the most popular player on your team for Bibby, who wants out of Sactown anyway?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Bradley is a DOPE. Has anyone ever heard of a worse trade EVER on this board than the 11th pick and Smoove...for Bibby?

This guy is truly out of touch. Talk about a credibility issue. Bradley is a turd.

I would take Horford over Yi though.

They were talking about the same trade proposal on 680 the Fan. Why in the hell would you trade a 20/10 player and the most popular player on your team for Bibby, who wants out of Sactown anyway?

I agree with what you said but Smoove is not a 20/10 player.

Unfortunately we have been forced to play that way due to personnel issues but when Speedy was healthy we were pushing the ball up the court at a breakneck pace. Not to mention ZaZa is a horrible outlet guy at the 5 and too often Smith tries to take the ball down the court himself.

A healthy Speedy fixes all of that. We become an uptempo team perfect for a guy like Horford. Also Horford runs the floor like a SF and is a terrific outlet passer (and passer overall) so he should be able to initiate the break much quicker than ZaZa.

Yep. Hawes is the next best pure center in the draft, but he does nothing for a team defensively. Absolutely nothing. To be his size and to be as weak of a rebounder as he is shows that he doesn't give max effort on defense. I think Spencer Hawes will always have trouble with the speed of the NBA, and he will be a turnstile defensively in the post. Someone is going to overdraft that guy.