• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's try to use some common sense here

gsuteke

The Hawks need two types of players.

1. they need a distributor, someone to run the offense.

2. they need a post presence, preferably in the form of a Center. ideally this post player would not cut minutes from other lottery picks on hand.

who is available to the Hawks at 3? The only player available to the Hawks at 3 that should even be considered is Mike Conley.

Horford may be the best value on the board but he's not necessarily the best player for this team. if you draft Horford he's taking minutes away from Shelden and Smoove. In fact the only way you can justify drafting Horford is if you plan on using a combination of he and Shelden at the 5 spot. if that's your intention then say so. I'd like to see you go on record when it winds up blowing up in our faces.

Yi Jianlin may have "upside" because he's 7 foot tall but come on, he's a SF. he's a perimeter player with no post game. in fact he's so damn skinny he couldn't play the post if he wanted to. This kid's 30 lbs away from even being in the discussion. too much project, not enough cement to make it happen in the ATL.

There is nobody else there outside of a trade to draft at #3. Everyone and their mama outside of this board says Conley is the best PG available. wouldn't it make sense to fill atleast one need in this draft?

Whether Conley goes 3 or 6 is inconsequential in the big picture. you need the PG, take him. It's common sense.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm leaving this afternoon for St. Louis as the lovely lady known as vacation has crept up upon me once again this month. I won't be around to complain about what happens in the draft. hopefully I'll see us trade out of that #3 spot. if not how about let's exercise some common sense?

Whatever happens, even if Billy Knight drafts Yi and Tiago Splitter I will immediately become fans of theirs. I'm hoping he gives me something to look forward to seeing next year.

Enjoy the draft, it's about all us Hawks fans have had to look forward to for the past 10 years!

It's pretty simple we need to make a trade with the #3 pick being the main piece of the package. Simple as that! If not we will then be drafting another forward unless Horford can play Center which I have doubts about.

Teke, the problem is that most people also think that there isn't a tremendous difference between the #1 PG and the #2 PG in this draft. They play differently, but could be just as effective as the other.

I seriously doubt that the GM's across the league, if given the choice, would take Conley at #3. On the flip side, most of them would take Horford at #3. Conley may be a top 7 talent in this draft, but he isn't a top 3 talent. The gap between Conley and Law just isn't that great, if there's even a gap at all.

Paul was a top 3 talent. Deron was a top 5 talent. Felton, in my opinion, should've been nowhere near the top 5, but the Bobcats needed a PG and they took him. At best, he was a top 10 talent, not top 5. And the jury is definitely still out on Felton. He's a PG that thinks he can shoot, but really can't. Because of that, it hurts the Cats. And that acquisition hasn't advanced the Bobcats any further than where we are right now.

It's like choosing between Jason Kidd in his prime and Chauncey Billups in his prime. Kidd is/was great, but that isn't a no-brainer type selection. Kidd can do just about everything well, and he's a great passing and defending PG. Billups can do those things too, just not as well as Kidd. But he does something much better than Kidd, and that is flat out win games for you offensively.

Two different PGs. Both are good. And a team can win with either one.

That's why if given the chance to upgrade another position on your team, you can put off choosing that PG, and take the 2nd or 3rd guy later on.

I believe common sense would dictate Yi at #3 and Crit at #11. Yi's measurements and his freakish skills reminds me a lot of Smoove's when we drafted him. Everyone said that we blew the pick when he was picked, but I think Smoove is about to explode. Yi brings so much more to Atlanta than just his ability, he brings something we have missed since Nique left, and that was marketability.

someone give me a list of the centers in the league that would dominate Horford and prevent him from being as effective as he wants....a list of all of them please..

if the list is short, he's good for center....if it's long, he's not...forget measurements, go with competition he's facing...my point is that this is 2007 centers, not 1994.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to do some research to see if that Amare trade really was on the table. All I had was ESPN access in St Louis and they seem to be leaning towards their ABC counterparts in the sensationalism category as of late, especially with their radio programming.

right now I am disgusted with the entire Atlanta organization minus the players.

BTW, Conley was such a reach at #3. He went #4.

Quote:

I believe common sense would dictate Yi at #3 and Crit at #11. Yi's measurements and his freakish skills reminds me a lot of Smoove's when we drafted him. Everyone said that we blew the pick when he was picked, but I think Smoove is about to explode. Yi brings so much more to Atlanta than just his ability, he brings something we have missed since Nique left, and that was marketability.

That is the stupidist thing I have ever read !!!!!

I leave for a week and come back to crap, crap, and more crap.

Glad the draft went well. Too bad the board was taken over by complete morons though.