• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official New Uni Opinion Thread for ASG Feedback

sturt

Quote:

Funny how you forgot to mention that Kornheiser thought it was great.

He goes to bed at like 10 and earlier this year had forgotten that Marvin was in the league. His opinion on the matter was lighthearted and he really didn't care either way.

It's a cheap money grab because they are trying to create a buzz and thus more dollars to follow. They probably will lose money long term. That's how lost these guys are. There won't be any buzz. We will continue to suck and we'll be just another team in blue with some sort of fierce caricature. ashamed.gif

Quote:

His opinion on the matter was lighthearted and he really didn't care either way.

His opinion was we've sucked and our jerseys sucked so any change is good. It's a sports talk show. Each guy usually takes one of the two extreme opinions. It doesn't validate anything. Especially when you chose to acknowledge the one you like and ignore the one you don't.

We needed a change. It was just poorly executed.

Quote:

We will continue to suck and we'll be just another team in blue

Hahaha, do you know how many teams have red as either the primary or alternate road jersey right now? It's got to be the most common in the league.

New Jersey Nets

Toronto Raptors

Chicago Bulls

Cleveland Cavaliers

Detroit Pistons

Miami Heat

Portland Trail Blazers

Los Angeles Clippers

Houston Rockets

That's almost a 1/3 of the league and I might have missed some. Do the bucks have a red?

Quote:

Quote:

Mike Wilbon just called us a joke on PTI.

Funny, that's pretty much what I thought the national media would think. He pretty much echoed my thoughts. It's a cheap money grab, I mean... c'mon, we look almost identical to Team USA!

Just a thought... Wouldn't it be sweet if the first thing Belkin did when and if he wins, is to bring back the Pac?

Funny how you forgot to mention that Kornheiser thought it was great. Given the fact that this has been in the works for over a year and a half, I'm assuming that Belkin was onboard for this.

I hate the jerseys but this is not a cheap money grab. Whatever extra jersey sales there are get split between the 30 teams. When you consider the costs of re-doing the floor and stuff around the arena, a team with a small following like the hawks will not make much money off of this. This is the typical case of a team having been in a bad spot changing the jerseys to usher in " a new era". There are tons of examples.

I really like the idea of changing the jerseys now, I just think the execution was HORRIBLE.

People are resistant to change so people probably would have killed this move regardless of the design. It is a clean slick look. I think that most of you will like it better when it is in action rather than Smoove looking as if he is in the Sears Catalogue.