• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sothron, Camby rumors?

GHook

Hey Sothron, any news from your sources about the Hawks pursuit of Camby? I hope this is true and not just a rumor. Imagine having the #1 and #2 shot blockers in the league on the same team.

BK needs to pull the trigger before the draft. As some posters have pointed out we are an attractive trade partner because of our cap room so we can absorb some of Camby's salary.

• Premium Member

I just now was able to get this site to load up, apparently I wasn't the only one having problems?

There is valid interest in both sides of a Camby trade to Atlanta. The deal is that right now there's every team but the Spurs contacting BK to work out a trade for our picks and while there are many valid offers and conversations the truth is BK is willing to wait until draft night for a chance at a great deal (unless someone blows him away with a deal before the draft obviously).

If the Hawks are able to secure a deal to land Camby, do you think it will change their stance on possibly drafting Mike Conley with the 3rd pick?

Also, is there anywhere that I can get some good fried catfish in Columbus, GA?

Thats an easy one...

Ezell's Catfish Cabin.

Head north on Manchester Expressway, pass Peachtree Mall on the left. Take a left at the light after you pass Bill Heard Chevrolet. It will be up on your left. Look for the big blue blinking catfish.

Awesome spicy hushpuppies. (which are complementary)

As they ay at Ezell's, "Eat Catfish and be Somebody!"

So we would trade picks and players for Camby? Am I the only one around here who hates the thought of that? The guy is 33 and has never played an entire season. I would rather use both of our picks and get two players we need.

Quote:

Trading the 11th for Camby sucks. He is a 33 year old guy with injuries. Please, no.

That is pretty much what I am thinking. Acquiring Camby is a good move for a contender, but not us. It won't be long before Camby retires, and we are looking for a center again.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If the Hawks are able to secure a deal to land Camby, do you think it will change their stance on possibly drafting Mike Conley with the 3rd pick?

Also, is there anywhere that I can get some good fried catfish in Columbus, GA?

Edsell's (sp) is a pretty good seafood joint. Probably the best seafood in town now actually.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I've heard Zaza and #11 and we would probably take Conley at #3 if that were to happen.

That's a good sequence of moves IMO.

I do want to point out that Camby is NOT a good positional defender. He's a GREAT weakside defender and an underrated offensive player.

I would trade Z for him straight up with no 11th pick.

The Nuggets are in the luxury tax and Z would play the post cheaper than Camby. You dont trade valuable lottery picks for 33 year olds with injury histories.

You just dont. Now, if we could get him and still keep the two picks then I'm for it. I'd trade SW for him also....BK needs not include any pick for a 33 year old.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You dont trade valuable lottery picks for 33 year olds with injury histories.

Atlanta is not the only team discussing a trade for Camby, and allegedly the Nuggets have already received an offer including a lottery pick.

It would have to be Zaza + #11. Anthony Johnson is likely to be included as well, IMHO, because the Nuggets are looking for a PG to pair with Iverson.

No, you let the other team have the 33 year old aging, injury plagued player. You don't up the ante for a player like Camby, you let the other team make the mistake.

Getting a 33 year old injury ridden player is not leveraging our good fortune its pissing it away.