Quote:

My problems with Camby are:

1. His age

2. His long injury history

3. His lack of being a good low post defender

4. His lack of low post offense

5. His remaining contract

You're too picky, Soth.

No kidding, I hate to be the one to go on-and-on about this, but BK must have a VERY stiff ultimatum about 2007-08 if he goes for this... this would just be a very, very bad decision with ONLY short-term benefits to be had... very, very short-term... and that's only if Camby stays healthy.

So far, I've been open to pretty much to all suggestions... even acquiring Conley who I regard as the major hyperbole beneficiary of this draft... but we've finally hit on a proposal that I'm dead-set against.

munching_out.gif

• Premium Member

I agree. I like Camby but I just can't see this being a good return on an investment like #11 and Zaza. What we need on this team are things Camby honestly does not really provide: a good low post defender who can hold his position and not just be a weakside block artist (like Smoove) and a guy who can actually score in the low post on offense. Camby can't do either of those things let alone factor into that his age, injury history and years left on his deal.

If we keep the pick, we are likely looking at Law or Crittenton at #11. I just don't see either of those guys having NEAR the impact for this team that Camby would over the next 3 years. We don't need any more youth. Right now, we still have Smoove, Marvin, Chillz and Shelden that are trying to reach their potential. We need vets around them to help them get there.

If we were to trade Zaza/#11 for Camby, I'd draft Horford with #3 and lineup:

Camby/Solomon/Wright

Horford/Shelden

Smoove/Marvin

JJ/Chillz/Salim

Speedy/AJ/Lue

We could also look to trade some of our depth for a starting caliber PG.

Quote:

I've heard Zaza and #11 and we would probably take Conley at #3 if that were to happen.

Conley/Lue/Claxton

JJ/Chill/Salim

Marvin/Smoove/Chill

Smoove/Shellhead

Camby/Shellhead/Wright

If that were the case I'd have no problem with the trade. Like Woodson has said in interviews we need some vets. Im confident Shelden could take over for Zaza. I think maybe the problem is BK is trying to get his boy Gasol. Then we still have no post defense. Zaza is horrible and I don't see Shelden coming close to what Camby can do. Plus Gasol makes like 4-5 mil. plus a year than Camby.

I like the idea of getting Camby and taking Mike Conley with the #3 pick.