• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Smith working with the Dream

exodus

Man I would love to hear where that is taking place and try to find a way to get in there. Smoove couldn't possibly have found a better guy to learn from than Dream when it comes to low post moves. Remember when he embarrassed David Robinson in the playoffs in what was it, 95? I have never seen someone make an All-Star look so bad for an entire series before.

Josh has his faults, but he doesn't lack for a work ethic. This guy may work on his game harder than any other player on this team. It's good to hear that he's working on his post game with Hakeem Olaguwon. It will only further improve his game as a power forward in this league.

A little YouTube love for one of the alltime nba greats. bowdown.gif

"warning" "the music contains profanity"

.So turn off the volume if u dont wanna hrear that.

thumbsup3d.gif

Thats for the youngsters who haven't seen much of the Dream

Quote:

Remember when he embarrassed David Robinson in the playoffs in what was it, 95? I have never seen someone make an All-Star look so bad for an entire series before.

Yeah i remember. Robinson was the MVP that year. The Dream put on a show. I am not sure i can remember even Jordan punking a great player like that for an entire series.

That's what happens when you snub a guy for MVP and he has to watch the other guy receive the award. I am not a huge Robinson fan, so I really enjoyed that series.

Although, I will never forgive Olajuwon for changing his name. My "Akeem Olajuwon" poster was rendered obsolete.

• Premium Member

I am a huge David Robinson fan, glad he finished with at least two rings in his career. Guy served a full term not just in college but with the Navy and goes on to be one of the best all time at his position. Not to mention he is a fellow Christian. Loved that guy.

If Smoove can pick up any of Hakeem's post moves then it is desperately needed. We have zero low post players on our roster right now and that imbalance kills our offense.

I respect that man as much as any athlete that has ever played the game. As a former soldier and Christian myself I always admired him for the model that he was/is for the youth of America. Of course I would respect him a lot more had he been a soldier instead of a sailor, but not everyone is cut out to be a killer LOL.viking.gif

Thinking back about Dream I don't know if any of you remember but he was almost traded fairly early in his career, I wanna say like 91 or something like that. It was not long after that when he changed his name to Hakeem.

For any of you that were too young to appreciate Dream, the Admiral, etc it sure was a time for great centers dominating the league. I forgot that in addition to absolutely abusing the Admiral in that series he also manhandled Shaq in the finals one of those 2 championship seasons. He simply made Shaq look silly.

Wow, and read these blurbs on him from the Wiki. I had forgotten how dominant he was from day 1.

Quote: 
The Rockets had immediate success during Olajuwon's rookie season as their win-loss record improved from 29–53 in the 1983-84 NBA season to 48–34 in 1984-85.[12] He teamed with the 1984 Rookie of the Year, 7 ft 4 in (2.24 m) Ralph Sampson to form the original NBA "Twin Towers" duo. Olajuwon averaged 20.6 points, 11.9 rebounds and 2.68 blocks in his rookie season.[13] He finished as runner-up to Michael Jordan in the 1985 Rookie of the Year voting, and was the only other rookie to receive any votes.

Quote: 
The 1988-89 season was Olajuwon's first full season as the Rockets' undisputed leader. This change also coincided with the hiring of new coach Don Chaney. The Rockets ended the regular season with a record of 45–37,[12]and Olajuwon finished the season as the league leader in rebounds (13.5 per game) by a full rebound per game over Charles Barkley. This performance was consistent with his averages of 24.8 points and 3.4 blocks.[15] Olajuwon posted exceptional playoff numbers of 37.5 ppg and 16.8 rpg, plus a record for points in a four-game playoff series (150).

Quote: 
The 1989-90 season was a disappointment for the Rockets. They finished the season with a .500 record at 41–41,[12] and though they made the playoffs, they were eliminated in four games by the LA Lakers. Olajuwon put up one of the most productive defensive seasons by an interior player in the history of the NBA. He won the NBA rebounding crown (14.0 per game) again, this time by an even larger margin; a full two rebounds a game over David Robinson, and led the league in blocks by averaging a stellar 4.6 per game.[15] To put that in perspective as of 2007, he is the only player since the NBA starting recording blocked shots in 1973-74 to have averaged 14+ rebounds per game and 4.5+ bpg in the same season. In doing so, he joined Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Bill Walton to become the only players in NBA history to lead the league in rebounding and shot blocking in the same season.[16] Olajuwon also recorded a quadruple-double during the season,[17] becoming only the third player to do so.

Quote: 
Dream Shake

"The best footwork I’ve ever seen from a big man"

— Pete Newell

Quote: 
One particularly standout Dream Shake came in the 1995 Western Conference playoff series against rival David Robinson of the San Antonio Spurs,[31] who was voted the season MVP. With Robinson guarding him, Olajuwon crossed over from his right hand to his left,[31] drove to the basket, and faked a layup.[31] Robinson, who was an excellent defender, kept up with Olajuwon and did not fall for the fake, remaining planted.[31] However, Olajuwon spun counterclockwise and faked another layup.[31] Robinson took the bait this time and jumped to block the shot.[31] With Robinson caught in the air, Olajuwon performed an up-and-under move, scoring an easy basket.[31]

Quote: 
One particularly standout Dream Shake came in the 1995 Western Conference playoff series against rival David Robinson of the San Antonio Spurs,[31] who was voted the season MVP. With Robinson guarding him, Olajuwon crossed over from his right hand to his left,[31] drove to the basket, and faked a layup.[31] Robinson, who was an excellent defender, kept up with Olajuwon and did not fall for the fake, remaining planted.[31] However, Olajuwon spun counterclockwise and faked another layup.[31] Robinson took the bait this time and jumped to block the shot.[31] With Robinson caught in the air, Olajuwon performed an up-and-under move, scoring an easy basket.[31]

videoo of that move

same as the one i posted before...

I remember that night vividly. I was less than a month from shipping off to basic training/airborne school/Ranger bat. at Ft. Benning and was sitting at Casa Ole in Houston eating fajitas and my buddies and I almost spit our food out when that happened and the whole place went silent over that move. That Dream Shake is probably the sickest move I have ever seen (although a few of MJ's ankle breakers have come close).