• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tons of Hawks rumors

BHayley

http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

In one article, BK says that if he had known he was coming to Atlanta, he would have never traded for Gasol.

He also doesn't fail to make one of his arrogant "I know what I'm doing" comments:

"Everybody is talking about the pressure this year. There is pressure every year," Knight said.

LOL if there's pressure every year, then let's see you REACT TO IT and get the right personnel!

• Premium Member

That BK will trade both 3 and 11 for Gasol...

I hope he doesn't take the bait on that trade. We must keep the 11th pick for the Law.

I would take Gasol and the Law if we traded Speedy in the process.

Quote:

That BK will trade both 3 and 11 for Gasol...

I hope he doesn't take the bait on that trade. We must keep the 11th pick for the Law.

I would take Gasol and the Law if we traded Speedy in the process.

BK specifically said that no matter how we use the picks (trade or not) - we will be getting good players (plural) to add to the roster. It doesn't sound like both picks will be used in a single player trade.

Billy is wrong on one thing. Had he never made the Pau Gasol trade, Atlanta would have never drafted him. Pete Babcock would have never took a chance and taken an unknown player like that. I guarantee you that if Atlanta hadn't made that deal, Pete would have taken Shane Battier with the 3rd pick.

• Moderators

Quote:

Billy is wrong on one thing.

I don't think Billy is suggesting that Babcock would have drafted Gasol so much as he is saying that he would have kept the pick and taken Gasol had he been the Atlanta GM back then.

He was all set to take Battier with that pick from what I remember. After the JR debacle, he wanted a class guy to be the face of the franchise and Battier, coming off a nat'l title his senior season, fit the bill to a tee. We debated who to take with that pick for weeks, just like we're doing now.

Of course Babs would say he'd have taken Gasol now; do you REALLY believe that because looking at his draft history, I don't buy that he'd had gotten this one right. It's like Dan Reeves saying he would've taken LT with the 5th pick in the 2001 draft if the Michael Vick trade didn't go down (he would've taken now-journeyman DE Gerard Warren instead).

I might be wrong but I doubt it seriously.