• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yi Update---Ford Insider Blog

jaywalker72

Quote:

It's going to be hard to keep Horford on the bench when he's the starting center for the Hawks.

LOL rest assured you will be seeing that quote again in november. You get punk'd by your own quotes probably more than anyone here.

I'm trying to figure out why there is so much support for taking Conley at 3 over getting a big that will help us more.

I'm also trying to figure out where this needed big man is going to be coming from if the Conley fans get their desire and the Hawks take him with the 3rd pick.

If the Hawks take Conley, I will agree that they will be better in the open court and on defense on the perimter, but the team won't improve any as a perimeter shooting team nor will they improve any defensively in the post.

Horford simply cannot play Center.

His standing reach is only 8'11...That is awful...Marvin has a higher standing reach (9'0)...There is no other center in the league that has that bad of a standing reach, and just about every other center in the league's reach is at least 2 inches higher than that.

For someone who harps on defense so much, I'm surprised you think Horford could cover just about any NBA C...He got demolished on defense by Oden, that's for sure.

He could probably score against a lot of Centers, but we would get OWNED in the paint with him at C on defense.

He's a PF all the way.

Quote:

I'm trying to figure out why there is so much support for taking Conley at 3 over getting a big that will help us more.

I'm also trying to figure out where this needed big man is going to be coming from if the Conley fans get their desire and the Hawks take him with the 3rd pick.

If the Hawks take Conley, I will agree that they will be better in the open court and on defense on the perimter, but the team won't improve any as a perimeter shooting team nor will they improve any defensively in the post.

The support for Conley is because he's the best player for this TEAM that will be available at #3. There is no big (um center) that's worthy of the 3rd pick. Horford is a PF it's plain and simple, he's not Amare Stoudemire. Stoudemire came out of high school physically fit to play in the NBA, also last I checked the Hawks don't have a player by the name of Nash on their roster. Let me ask you this why did the Suns trade Q Richardson for Kurt Thomas ?. It was to move Amare back to his natural 4 spot more often.

Quote:

Quote:

But they get 100% of their sales in the clubhouse store. Now who do you think would be the hippest jersey around town, Horford or Yi.

The number of jerseys sold in clubhouse is miniscule compared to the supposed billion jersey china market argument that is made, when we get 1/30 of every chinese yi jersey sold no matter who he plays for. Hell we'd probably make more off yi jerseys if he plays for a better team.

Then you do like the Falcons and create Hawks Vision on Comcast and put a Hawks 360 in Lennox. I guarantee that the New Yi Hawks jersey in #1 in sales for Rookies.