• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ford Insider: Hawks in Great Position to Deal

jaywalker72

• Premium Member

Quote:

1st, Graham would be the backup SF. Who cares?

2nd, 6/3 in limited minutes isn't THAT bad.

Would you rather Childress or Graham be your backup SF? IMO it should be Childress for Calderon, or #11/filler for Calderon. Otherwise no deal, Calderon has proved NOTHING to warrant the #11/Childress, especially since we have to give him a contract next year anyway.

Quote:

Salim/Childress -for - Calderon/Graham works under the cap, but it's not enough for Toronto IMO. Perhaps substituting Solomon Jones for Salim?

I would do either one of those deals, they are much better than #11/Childress.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Colangelo knows as well as Knight that Calderon would be a starter on half the teams in the NBA, and that he's RFA next year.

#11/AJ -for- Calderon does work. Plus, it clears out the PG glut the Hawks would have had. If they draft Law, they'll have:

Speedy/Law/AJ/Claxton = 4 backup PG's

With the above trade, they have:

Calderon/Speedy/Lue = Starter, two backups

That's a MUCH improved PG rotation IMO.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Would you rather Childress or Graham be your backup SF?

I think it's more a matter of how much it takes to pry Calderon away. Toronto has early Bird rights, so they can match any offer for him next year.

Quote:

Colangelo knows as well as Knight that Calderon would be a starter on half the teams in the NBA, and that he's RFA next year.

#11/AJ -for- Calderon does work. Plus, it clears out the PG glut the Hawks would have had. If they draft Law, they'll have:

Yeah, I think somewhere in the #11 to #11+AJ/Lue range is the right area for the trade. It might not excite Toronto fans, but the Hawks don't need 4 PG's anyway, and they will get a backup to take Calderon's place plus a future starter at #11.

That's all assuming we can get him to sign an extension for sure.

Is that Woody will finally have to learn some Spanish so that he can understand what is going on between our new players mischievous.gif

In all seriousness I would hope we get a second round pick out of all these moves just so we can get another wing player. Heck maybe even Pau's brother skateboard.gif

Quote:

In all seriousness I would hope we get a second round pick out of all these moves just so we can get another wing player. Heck maybe even Pau's brother
skateboard.gif

That was the other thing I was thinking of. Don't we have to pick up a first round pick somewhere along the line? You can't go back to back years without a first round pick right? Where would we get that from?

The way around that is that we make the pick, and then trade it. Hence, the idea that we are taking Horford at 3 is a lock, makes some sense, as he's being taken as part of a trade.

• Premium Member

Woops! I'm haunted by Speedy Claxton!

I don't think Law will be more than a borderline starter for the next couple of years. Most rookie PG's who were primarily focused on scoring in college take a few years to become full-time starters at the point.

I'm a new poster. I've been reading this forum for a while and finally I decided to post here.

If we get Calderon and Gasol I would buy season tickets in a second. The past few years i went an average of 20 games per season, but with them I wouldn't miss a game. I'm from Spain and I've seen both player since they were kids. They are great!!

Sorry if I had english mistakes blush.gif

P.S.: If we get them, don't expect the Hispanic population to go to the Hawks games because they don't care about Spain and there aren't more than 200 spaniards in the area.