• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody see this one?

Diesel

I am relatively new to reading this board and posting, so I don't know anyone's history on the board.

Diesel, you seem to post WAAAAAYYYY more than anyone and much of the time I agree with you. You are probably a real Hawks fan and I salute for that.

However, as an unbiased outsider I gotta tell you that you are coming out looking really bad in this mess. It just looks like you are jealous because Sothron actually knows people in the Hawk's organization and you don't. If you honestly believe he is fake and just trying to make himself out to be something he is not, then just ignore him. But your posts against him are only making you look bad. I don't think anyone on this board has changed their opinion of or attitude toward Sothron because of you.

Again, I am not trying to be your enemy, which apparently some on this board are. I appreciate that vast majority of what you say and mostly agree with you. I just don't think you realize how you are coming across on this one.

Diesel, I don't think you have any evidence here. If so I ask you to bring it forward.

On the other hand - the nugget about the fracture in ideas between the FO and the GM was right on the money, and nowhere to be found on Hoopshype or any other rumor mill. Then it turns up several days later? At the very least, this is not information that Sothron passed on from other media outlets. Obviously, Yahoo may be ripping Sothron off, but we don't know that either.

I'm a natural skeptic but I think the information we're seeing passes the sniff test.

Quote:

I am relatively new to reading this board and posting, so I don't know anyone's history on the board.

Diesel, you seem to post WAAAAAYYYY more than anyone and much of the time I agree with you. You are probably a real Hawks fan and I salute for that.

However, as an unbiased outsider I gotta tell you that you are coming out looking really bad in this mess. It just looks like you are jealous because Sothron actually knows people in the Hawk's organization and you don't. If you honestly believe he is fake and just trying to make himself out to be something he is not, then just ignore him. But your posts against him are only making you look bad. I don't think anyone on this board has changed their opinion of or attitude toward Sothron because of you.

Again, I am not trying to be your enemy, which apparently some on this board are. I appreciate that vast majority of what you say and mostly agree with you. I just don't think you realize how you are coming across on this one.

What Diesel is doing is pointing out some contradictions that he found. He is just calling the dude out. He is making claims that he has a source and that is opening him up to criticism. Diesel didn't call him a liar he just had a few things that needed to be cleared up. There's nothing wrong with that.

• Premium Member

My motive is not about changing anybodies mind. I'm all about truth.

Before ron made his I'm Jesus speech (above)..

All I was asking was for clarification about Ellis. I probably took him saying he was Jesus the wrong way, but he doesn't pass the sniff test... You can go down the list and look for yourself and see if what he's saying is true or not...

For instance, he was saying probable to Gasol/Calderon to the Hawks?

Quote:

TORONTO -- Bryan Colangelo would like to put a rumour to rest: Jose Calderon isn't going anywhere.

Not today. Not tomorrow. Maybe not ever.

Despite reports to the contrary - and this is, after all, the silly season -Colangelo, the Raptors president and general manager, has no interest in trading Calderon and is not shopping the nifty point guard.

But window shopping is happening around the National Basketball Association and a whole lot of teams out there have a whole lot of interest in the engaging Calderon.

'RUMOURS ARE FALSE'

The point is...

If saying that you're the man and you have inside sources is your thing... cool do that. BUT don't sit up and lie and then call yourself God.. without expecting Somebody to call you out? If you think you're god.. believe me, expect to be challenged on every word you say and have said!

Fair enough, but what are you going to say if tomorrow the Gasol/Calderon deals become a reality?

BTW, where is your quote from? I don't see the source cited.

At any rate, keep posting. I enjoy what you say. I just don't get why you feel the need to hassle Sothron. Now hassling exodus and TexasPete on the other hand - that makes perfect sense!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Unfortunately I do not believe you.

I see everything you say on Hoopshype (before you say it)... along with your playing everyside possible.

But mainly I don't believe you because you revealed your source once before...

Quote:

If you guys saw my posts at realgm.com I have a friend that is friend with the Pacers training staff and has a small business he co-owns with one of the assistant trainers. He told me last week that the deal that was going to go down was Tinsley/2007 1st rounder for Harrington.

The problem?

Tinsley heard about it and he refused to come in for a physical. In point of fact he ducked out of town and is currently MIA to avoid taking the physical. It is his way of protesting a trade to Atlanta.

Click here

Now, if this guy who you called your "source" last summer isn't "your source".. then why didn't you just ask "your source" last summer to verify what you were saying then? Especially being that you and "your source" has so many years of close friendship.?

Since you used an analogy last time... allow me.

It's like going to ask a girlfriend of a girlfriend of the girl that you're dating her favorite color, when you can get it directly from her.

Too much of what you're saying is nonspecific. But Like Bosstweed say, we're all big boys... We can believe who we want. I just can't for the life of me figure out why you work the "believers" up into a frenzy? What's the purpose?

So, I'm sure you're not losing sleep.. but this has just been ONE man's opinion... Based on research! Maybe you can get Shanks to validate you.

That source about Indiana only cares about Indiana Pacer basketball. And he is at the mercy of his friend on the training staff for anything he gets. He used to run pacernation.com actually. The only time I've turned to him for information about the Pacers is back when the Harrington fiasco took so long to finally happen.

What he has to do with anything my Atlanta sources tell me about Atlanta just mystifies me. I did in fact ask my sources about the Harrington situation. Due to the delicate nature that we almost had to hand Harrington away I was not allowed to repeat anything about that trade. I said from the very beginning its not until recently that they were comfortable with me repeating things.

If you really want to dig up the past go to realgm.com and find out some of the things I posted about Belkin. That was the only thing for a long time they were willing to let me make public: Belkin is evil and wanted to run the team on the cheap while the other owners wanted to spend more to actually compete. And they were (are) right.

Just off the top of my head here are things that I broke first here. I do not have time at work to look at any other site besides Hawksquawk and skipping songs on my Yahoo radio station. So if some rumor site is running with something I have no idea. Believe that or not, I don't care.

But here's a short list:

I said BK received a phone call from Portland about trading for #3 right after the lottery. Four or five days later a report on realgm confirmed that Pritchard said he had called Knight for a brief conversation. I even said what the converation was like: Knight wanted Aldridge and Jack and they wanted to dump Randolph. End of conversation.

I said Ellis was being offered to the Hawks. We didn't want him. We wanted Biedrins and they said no. Chris Mullin recently (today, yesterday?) said that we rejected that trade. I already knew we turned him down so I put it on my "unlikely" list.

I made a "latest information" post that gave a "what if?" scenario if the three factions on our team (Knight, Woodson, owners) had their total way with the draft. Two or three people called it "BS". Today yahoo sports runs a story talking about how trading for Amare would avoid a showdown between Knight/Woody and the owners over Yi or Horford. And just like I said several days earlier it was over $$$.

I said that Knight was serious about Yi and that he was definitely in the mix for us. It took two weeks or more but Ford, Bucher, realgm, draftexpress, ndadraft, whoever, all finally acknowledged we had a legit interest in Yi. I remember you did not have a problem when I reported those news since you yourself are high on Yi.

I said that Knight was serious about Critt and it took time but the same media outlets reported the same thing.

I said that we were looking at Gasol with #3, Chill and Lo Wright as the pieces. Later on the same media outlets reported that trade and our interest in him.

I said that Knight was high on Horford while everyone else was saying "Conley or bust". Now everyone has us taking Horford if we keep that pick.

I said that Stuckey was in the mix at #11 as well as Law and Critt and that got picked up.

I said that Chill was probably going to be traded and he has been in I believe in almost every single reported trade scenario for us to anyone in any trade.

I said that I believe both picks would be traded from the very start. Bill Shanks confirmed that today.

There are some more but I don't really feel like trying to go through my post history to find them all. I do think that shows that I have gotten news out there before anyone else (at least as far as I noticed) on at least some of the things we've talked about the last month or so. If you really find it hard to believe me when Jaywalker backs me up 100% then I don't know (or really care) else to say. Stop reading my posts if you don't believe them? Why would you even read them if you disbelieve them?

I do want to thank the people in this thread for their support. It is appreciated. smile.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

My motive is not about changing anybodies mind. I'm all about truth.

Before ron made his I'm Jesus speech (above)..

All I was asking was for clarification about Ellis. I probably took him saying he was Jesus the wrong way, but he doesn't pass the sniff test... You can go down the list and look for yourself and see if what he's saying is true or not...

For instance, he was saying probable to Gasol/Calderon to the Hawks?

Quote:

TORONTO -- Bryan Colangelo would like to put a rumour to rest: Jose Calderon isn't going anywhere.

Not today. Not tomorrow. Maybe not ever.

Despite reports to the contrary - and this is, after all, the silly season -Colangelo, the Raptors president and general manager, has no interest in trading Calderon and is not shopping the nifty point guard.

But window shopping is happening around the National Basketball Association and a whole lot of teams out there have a whole lot of interest in the engaging Calderon.

'RUMOURS ARE FALSE'

The point is...

If saying that you're the man and you have inside sources is your thing... cool do that. BUT don't sit up and lie and then call yourself God.. without expecting Somebody to call you out? If you think you're god.. believe me, expect to be challenged on every word you say and have said!

I never said I was Jesus or God. It was an analogy to show how silly you were being of questioning a trade being called "unlikely" when the actual GM of the team in question said the trade was rejected. uglyhammer.gif Don't you think that...hold on here...makes it unlikely to happen? pillepalle.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Click

If you read what Coangelo says, it almost sounds like he wants an All Euro Team...

Somebody trade Zaza for TJ Ford!

What I find funny is that you did not even read what the man said.

"All the rumours are false," Colangelo said. "I can tell you that the story that I'm shopping Calderon all over the place (reported in New York) is absolute nonsense."

Where did I say Toronto was shopping him "all over the place" as if they are desperate to trade him? Did Mr. Colangelo reference my post? No, he is apparently refuting something reported in New York.

But he did say this!

"I can tell you this: I'm getting calls from about half the teams in the league asking about him."

So my report that we have contact Toronto about trading for him would be false...how?? pillepalle.gif

• Premium Member

Seeing that you're having a trouble focusing... let me help you focus...

Here's what you said:

Quote:

What if we traded the #3 for Gasol and #11 for Calderon?

Click

When asked directly "Are you giving a hint Ron?"... YOU SAID..

Quote:

Yes, yes in fact I am. Chalk it up in the "more likely to happen than not" category.

Now..

After being called out...

You say:

Quote:

Where did I say Toronto was shopping him "all over the place" as if they are desperate to trade him? Did Mr. Colangelo reference my post? No, he is apparently refuting something reported in New York.

But he did say this!

"I can tell you this: I'm getting calls from about half the teams in the league asking about him."

So my report that we have contact Toronto about trading for him would be false...how??

Your story is changing every few minutes Ron...

You're trying to change the context of the conversation.

But you know what?

You were right about one thing...

I am pillepalle.gif

I am pillepalle.gif enough to go back and call out a contradiction when I see one.

Do you have any others you'd like me to square away for you??

• Premium Member

The Calderon deal part 2...

Quote:

This is one of the draft night scenarios I was told was more likely than unlikely to happen. Which the way this source conveys information means its probable to happen but its not a 100% lock to happen.

I guess when Coangelo comes out and says.. there is NO Deal going to happen with Calderon...

I guess that means that Probable = 4%?

I guess those 4% are when Coangelo is fired because somebody has picture of him with Calderon ... and Calderon is immediately traded to save face?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Seeing that you're having a trouble focusing... let me help you focus...

Here's what you said:

Quote:

What if we traded the #3 for Gasol and #11 for Calderon?

Click

When asked directly "Are you giving a hint Ron?"... YOU SAID..

Quote:

Yes, yes in fact I am. Chalk it up in the "more likely to happen than not" category.

Now..

After being called out...

You say:

Quote:

But he did say this!

So my report that we have contact Toronto about trading for him would be false...how??

Your story is changing every few minutes Ron...

You're trying to change the context of the conversation.

But you know what?

You were right about one thing...

I am pillepalle.gif

I am pillepalle.gif enough to go back and call out a contradiction when I see one.

Do you have any others you'd like me to square away for you??

Are you actually this dense or are you just bored at work?

Colangelo confirmed that half the teams in the NBA had made an offer for Calderon and before that report I said we had made an offer for him? HELLO MCFLY?? Where is the contradiction?? He verified half the teams in the league were in contact about Calderon and I said that we were one of them before that report??? pillepalle.gif

Quote:

Quick, send Diesel to the corner for time-out.

I have seen Diesel acting like a fuss-face before, but never quite this fussy! He's almost reminding me of Walterdamus!

When my boys are acting all fussy like that, it always means one of three possible things (and it can be a combination of these things too):

1. They just need attention. In that case, I always give it to them.

2. They just need a hug. Again, I always give them one.

or

3. They just need a nap.

So Dieselputer, do you need a huggers, or maybe a lil nappy-poo? confused.gif