• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

joe Johnson want Amare here! (ARTICLE)

oiatlhawksfan

Quote:

NEW YORK – Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett is close to going to the Phoenix Suns in a monumental three-way trade that would send Phoenix forward Amare Stoudemire to the Atlanta Hawks, league sources said Wednesday.

Atlanta would move the Nos. 3 and 11 picks in Thursday's draft, as well as Zaza Pachulia and Anthony Johnson, to Minnesota.

Minnesota owner Glen Taylor has delivered a mandate to his basketball executives to get a deal done, one league executive said.

Yahoo! Sports has learned that the trade would also save the Hawks from an emerging showdown between the front office and coaching staff over whom to draft with the third pick. The front office and coaching staff had settled on Florida power forward Al Horford, but a faction of the Atlanta Spirit ownership group, with business interests in China, is pushing them to take Yi Jianlian.

The deal hinges on Atlanta general manager Billy Knight saying yes, as well as Hawks ownership, which is mired in lawsuits, being willing to increase payroll. It is believed that star Hawks guard Joe Johnson talked to his former Suns teammate on Wednesday and that the 24-year-old Stoudemire, a first-team All-NBA choice, told him that he'd welcome the trade.

THis is great!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Where's the link to the source? Its not a matter of disbelief just surprised others have finally noticed that we have three different factions wanting different players. Something I mentioned in one of my posts and I was was mildly surprised more wasn't made of it.

Quote:

Where's the link to the source? Its not a matter of disbelief just surprised others have finally noticed that we have three different factions wanting different players. Something I mentioned in one of my posts and I was was mildly surprised more wasn't made of it.

Yes Joe, Amare and Smoove. Will be one of the best young trios in the league...

Sothron I gotta give you your props and thanks for letting us know what's going on...

I'm loving it. Depth and lots of good players is a great thing to have BUT every team needs 'stars'. I'm sorry I just can't see a star in Horford. Could he be a good player? Definitely. I think he could possibly be as productive as Carlos Boozer one day but it just doesn't excite me. wink.gif Amare Stoudamire does.

I have a question (Sothron). Why does every trade have Anthony Johnson in it rather than Tyronn Lue. Anthony Johnson is more of a defender/passer where Lue is a shooter. I would rather rid ourselves of Lue. UNLESS Lue/Salim could net us a BU SG/SF if we do indeed move Childress for a PG. I'm sticking to this trade....

Tyronn Lue / Salim Stoudamire for Damien Wilkins

Josh Childress for Jarrett Jack or Jose Calderon?

Jack / Claxton

Johnson

Marvin / Wilkins

Smith / Jones

Stoudamire / Shelden / Wright

• Premium Member

Barbosa would have to be part of the trade... if so, then I'm good with it... if not, then there needs to be some additional negotiation to wrestle that #11 out of the deal, perhaps substituting Childress.

• Premium Member

Its not Atlanta. Although at least two owners still want Yi only for the $$$ in China. The team holding this is up Phoenix trying to decide if they want to win a title with KG and Nash before Nash is washed up or they want to be just a second round exit with Amare. Just my two cents on the last part but its Phoenix holding this up. Minnesota and Atlanta have agreed to do this.

Quote:

Why does every trade have Anthony Johnson in it rather than Tyronn Lue. Anthony Johnson is more of a defender/passer where Lue is a shooter.

I honestly don't see where all this Lue hate is coming from. Lue single handedly kept us in games at the beginning of the season before continuously getting hurt. AJ is NOT a good defender, he may have been in the past, but he isn't now. Sure Lue dribbles too much sometimes, but he at least gives us a good shooter with the ability to drive to the hole.