joe Johnson want Amare here! (ARTICLE)

oiatlhawksfan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that we would IDEALLY need a PG but finding a big man like Amare is harder than finding a quality PG.

As for keeping #11 and inserting Chillz, unless Conley is still on the board, I'd rather have Chillz. I'd take Chillz over Law, Crittenton, Stuckey, Calderon or Ridenhour. I think Chillz' game will be GREAT when he is on the floor with Amare and Joe. If I trade Chillz, I want an Andre Miller caliber talent coming back.

Even if we didn't get another PG, look at our team with this proposed deal!

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chillz

Smoove/Shelden

Amare/Wright/Jones

Folks, that's a deadly team in the East. We migth re-sign Ivey just as a 3rd option at PG and since he's familiar with Woody. That would give us 12 players on our roster and pretty good depth at each position. Of course, we could still deal someone for another PG, but it's not an absolute necessity IMO if Speedy and Lue could stay relatively healthy.

Quote:

Quote:

no, next years pick, the one we gave on the JJ deal.

That would be great. But I'd love to have a pick this year to draft a PG.

Well, that would make the JJ trade justified. We will have then gotten JJ and Amare for Diaw (who finally remembered who he was this year). This would make BK look pretty competent...which is why I am worried it won't happen and we will end up with Spencer Hawes and Josh McRoberts.

Why is this even a debate?

The Atlanta Hawks will be getting one of the top 3 centers in basketball with this trade if it goes through. How can anyone think this is giving up too much to get Amare? Wait, this is the same bunch of fans that thought we gave up too much to get Joe Johnson.

Just because we don't get a PG RIGHT NOW shouldn't make us question whether or not we should do the deal.

Amare/Wright/Solo

Smoove/Shelden

Marvin/Chillz

JJ/Salim

Speedy/Lue/Ivey

That is a solid/deep team. Are the Cavs really THAT much better?

Amare v. Big Z - big edge Amare

Smoove v. Gooden - edge Smoove

LeBron v. Marvin - big edge LeBron

JJ v. Pavlovic - big edge JJ

Speedy/Lue v. Gibson/Snow - wash

I like our bench better too!