• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If we really don't have to give up any core player

Admin

in this deal for Amare then I truly hope that it happens. If it's nothing more than AJ/Zaza/3/11 as reported or even if Lo is included I would think we have died and gone to Heaven.

However, if we have to dip into Childress, Lue, or any of the kids to make this deal then I would have to strongly consider passing on it. Childress will be greatly needed to play minutes at the 2 and we need Lue for many reasons. No explanation needed for the other kids.

If this deal doesn't happen then I really think we should consider the Ridnour deal. I am not a huge fan of his by any means but we know that he can run a team at a high level in the NBA. He isn't great defensively but teams have won many titles without a great defending PG. Trading for Ridnour allows us to draft Horford and have a very deep team.

On the other hand we have the potential Gasol/Calderon pairing. If we can make that happen I would be okay with it as a 3rd option. If we can do it without giving up Childress or the 11th pick I would move it up to my 2nd choice.

Either way I think we come out of this thing looking pretty strong.

Yeah, I'm insane for not wanting to give up 2 VERY good draft choices, 2 very solid backup PGs, and one of our young players, leaving us almost capped out and with a 10 man roster that we would have to scramble to fill.

Giving up 2, maybe 3, players for Amare is all we can afford to give up considering we won't have a single draft choice to bring in a player for cheap. We are likely going to need one of the young guys to make a trade at some point to even the roster out. Plus we cannot afford to give up 2 of our 3 PGs, especially considering the career of Speedy thus far has been marred by injury.

Agree about the Amare deal, but I feel the chances are slim that PHX will actually do it.

As far as Gasol/Calderon, you can bet it will cost #3, #11, Childress, and expirings to do both deals. If we're lucky, that is. I'm just hoping this is the deal that BK really wants, and is trying to posture so that Memphis will agree.

Even losing Childress, we would be so much better it wouldn't be funny.

On Calderon, I believe Colangelo has wanted to move Calderon all along and is simply trying to drive up his value with his recent comments in the media. He wants more than #11 or Childress but I bet he takes it if nothing better comes along. I fear that another team will pull the trigger on Calderon before we do. I want him in ATL badly. The only thing that changes my mind on that is if Conley is there at #11.

I would even do #3 and Marvin to get Gasol.

What happens when we go into the season capped out, with only 10 players on the roster. We have to sign at least 2 more players at the veteran minimum, but that puts us over the cap and then that could cause some legal issues. Who backs up Speedy? What happens if Speedy gets hurt like he could very easily do? Then who do we plug in at PG? Salim? Then without Salim to back him up and Childress not on the team, who do we have that can give JJ a rest? Will JJ have to play 40mpg or more? What happens when he gets injured again from being over used?

You don't just get down on one knee and propose to the first hot girl who looks your way.

I just can't get on board with Luke Ridnour. The guy is a horrific defensive player. There's a reason this guy got benched in favor of Earl Watson this past season. Playing with Luke Ridnour on the court is basically like playing 4 on 5 defensively, because Luke can't stay with his own shadow.

I also just can't get on board with the Pau Gasol/Jose Calderon option. It comes down to defense to me, and both players are very much below average defensive players.

If the Amare trade falls through, I'd be tempted to get something going that nets the team Jermaine O'Neal. While I'm not crazy about O'Neal's contract or his recent injury history, I think he gives us a much better chance to get better defensively than Pau Gasol gives us.

I'd be tempted to trade 3 for Andre Miller and 12 as has been mentioned (though denied by the 6ers), 11 for Marcus Camby, and then take Acie Law at 12.

Quote:

What happens when we go into the season capped out, with only 10 players on the roster. We have to sign at least 2 more players at the veteran minimum, but that puts us over the cap and then that could cause some legal issues. Who backs up Speedy? What happens if Speedy gets hurt like he could very easily do? Then who do we plug in at PG? Salim? Then without Salim to back him up and Childress not on the team, who do we have that can give JJ a rest? Will JJ have to play 40mpg or more? What happens when he gets injured again from being over used?

You don't just get down on one knee and propose to the first hot girl who looks your way.

that's what the nbdl and 10 day contracts are for. for emergency players, bench warmers, and water boys.

i would consider our "core" players as jj, marvin, and smoove, with chillz close by. as of right now, he is still a bench player on this team, a good sixth man, with possible starting ability, but he still has to start each night on the bench. you don't build your team around who is on your bench. you build from you starters on down. our other two starters, zaza and speedy, are expendable imo.