• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Per ESPN Radio: Steve Belkin rejects Amare Trade

saturn75

Quote:

Its my understanding that the Spirit united behind BK and Woody on an Amare or Gasol trade. If they really do pass on Amare just to draft Yi then I don't even know how to begin to respond to that. Anyone who tells me with a straight face Yi could mean more to our team than Amare outside of $$$ from China is just wasting oxygen.

True that. I don't know why there are so many people enamored with Yi here, but that's just plain silly.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Chad Ford said we have a dysfunctional ownership situation. He stated that there is a major rift between owners, coaches and others as to who we pick at #3. There is a huge faction for Yi and there is another huge faction for Horford.

HOWEVER....

They said absolutely nothing about Steve Belkin at all. They just re-capped everything at 9:45PM.

they left the steve belkin part out

I agree. Here is my stance on Yi Jianlian. I can understand why the owners in particular would want him, and I can understand why some coaches, scouts, fans, and general managers are enamoured with his talent. His skill as a 7 footer is very unique. After watching about 3 full games of his, I don't think Yi Jianlian makes sense defensively for this team. I highly doubt the owners would choose to take Jianlian over a trade for Stoudemire and probably not over a trade for Gasol. With Gasol though, I do feel that we would have the same problems defensively that we would have with Yi Jianlian.

Here's what I'm thinking though. For the longest time, Chad Ford was pumping up Yi as the 3rd best prospect in the draft....clearly the best international talent in the draft. Ford was feeding the hype machine on the guy. Then, the Atlanta Hawks attend a private workout with Yi. You see Chad Ford mention it, but Chad doesn't say anything about the Hawks being serious about their interest in Yi.

Then, Chad comes out with that article last week where he talks about Yi and whether or not he can play in the NBA. I said then that Chad was preparing himself to criticize the Hawks for drafting him. Today is the first time that Chad has even acknowledged that the Hawks are serious in their interest for Yi.

Quote:

Steve Kerr just issued a blanket denial of any trade.

From Jim Gray - Steve Kerr just said, "We are not trading Amare Stoudamire to the Atlanta Hawks. We are not trading Amare Stoudamire"

So he doesn't get KG, too bad for him and that is the only way that deal would work. KG to the Suns is a pipedream now

Quote:

Quote:

Steve Kerr just issued a blanket denial of any trade.

From Jim Gray - Steve Kerr just said, "We are not trading Amare Stoudamire to the Atlanta Hawks. We are not trading Amare Stoudamire"

So he doesn't get KG, too bad for him and that is the only way that deal would work. KG to the Suns is a pipedream now

My personal opinion - at this point Amare Stoudamire is worth more than Kevin Garnett. The Suns are going to be the best team in the NBA this year - with or without Garnett.

• Premium Member

I don't know if Jason wants me to repeat this but he said Ford basically on these foreign guys only really hypes up the guys he has a strong connection with their agents. It made sense to me when you go back and see how Ford practically invented Skittles and other foreign players.

Quote:

I don't know if Jason wants me to repeat this but he said Ford basically on these foreign guys only really hypes up the guys he has a strong connection with their agents. It made sense to me when you go back and see how Ford practically invented Skittles and other foreign players.

interesting

Then its clear to me Ford's blowing smoke. I was listening and clearly heard him say earlier in the same show that Belkin was behind the Amae to ATL deal falling apart.

He was absolutely referring to the trade, not to the #3 pick.

Sounds like he got himself twisted up and later corrected himself?