• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Per ESPN Radio: Steve Belkin rejects Amare Trade

saturn75

I thought that since the court ruling, we had to have a majority decision, not 100% agreement.

Also, if he's rejecting that deal, I would assume he would have the power to reject anything. Why even discuss trades at all if you have to get his blessing. He probably wouldn't sign off on anything. This makes no sense.

I'm going to turn on espn radio to check this one out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I'm just responding to the last reply...

This is not true. If anything we were waiting until Amare's deal rolled into a four year deal just to AVOID any Belkin intervention because the Spirit knows he would veto a trade for Duncan for Batista deal if he could just to hurt our franchise as much as possible.

Quote:

Theoretically, this is possible. Since Amare has 5 years left on his deal we would have to get Belkin's approval to do this deal. However, it isn't likely because the Spirit knows that after June 30th Amare's deal goes down to 4 years and they will be able to complete the transaction without Belkin able to do a thing.

Interesting point in light of Sothron's "Latest info" last night that said to stay tuned even after the Draft because we might be making some other team's picks and then trading up to a couple days after the Draft ends. I really don't think Belkin is an issue but if by chance he is then that would all make sense. The Amare deal would have to wait til 3 days after the Draft, which would mean at 3 and possibly 11 we'd be making picks for Minnesota. Very risky but possible if we had assurances from all involved.

• Premium Member

Why would three teams with huge franchise changing megatrades like this blockbuster even risk a "veto" when they know they can all agree to a deal and just wait until July 1st to make it official?? It makes less than ZERO sense.

Chad Ford said we have a dysfunctional ownership situation. He stated that there is a major rift between owners, coaches and others as to who we pick at #3. There is a huge faction for Yi and there is another huge faction for Horford.

HOWEVER....

They said absolutely nothing about Steve Belkin at all. They just re-capped everything at 9:45PM.

• Premium Member

Its my understanding that the Spirit united behind BK and Woody on an Amare or Gasol trade. If they really do pass on Amare just to draft Yi then I don't even know how to begin to respond to that. Anyone who tells me with a straight face Yi could mean more to our team than Amare outside of $$$ from China is just wasting oxygen.

Quote:

Why would three teams with huge franchise changing megatrades like this blockbuster even risk a "veto" when they know they can all agree to a deal and just wait until July 1st to make it official?? It makes less than ZERO sense.

Of course the risk is that, shameful as it may be, gentlemen's agreements can be broken between June 28 and July 1 so if we pick who Minnesota wants at 3 and 11, we risk getting stuck with those guys if PHX backs out later.

May not be that big of a deal because one of those guys would probably be Horford anyway but we could miss out yet again on a PG at 11.