• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Honest question: How does Yi make $ for ASG???

sturt

• Premium Member

If merchandise is equally split anyhow, I'm missing why it is financially beneficial for a given team to draft Yi... ??? I'm sure that there probably is something I'm not taking into account.

• Premium Member

You are not taking into non-Hawks businesses these guys own or part own and are desperate to get into China. These meetings with Chinese government officials is not just to talk about how Yi looks in the low post...

Guest Walter

Quote:

If merchandise is equally split anyhow, I'm missing why it is financially beneficial for a given team to draft Yi... ??? I'm sure that there probably is something I'm not taking into account.

I believe you've even mentioned how un-sexy Horford is as a pick. Frankly, any attempt to market Horford will be amussingly bad.

Yi will generate more fan interest and open a whole culture up to Atlanta Hawk basketball before he even puts on the cap. Guaranteed the Hawk website shuts down or slows to a snail's pace. I will guarantee Yi = more than twice the increase in season ticket sales (in number or percent) than Horford for their respective teams wherever either go.

No offense to these guys, but they are the wrong type of people running the hawks. Dont get me wrong, I am thrilled that they want Yi, but it seems for all the wrong reasons. If only we had some owners who would do whatever it took to win, but also had a little money left on the salary cap we could do so much better.

I do not want Horford to be the pick. But picking Yi over both Conley and Horford is just stupid. Yeah he may sell tickets. But he will not make us a better team. What position is he going to play? Becuse it sure as hell aint C. They can not be that stupid.....

Quote:

nothing in Atlanta, but they get a tv contract in china...