• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Name the last top 5 pic not named Shelden Williams

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

Quote:

To be fair, didn't you advocate taking Roy last year to play at PG even though he is a natural SG? I agree with you on that but that is still playing him out of position.

Much easier to play down a position than "up".

However, remember, even before the draft, Roy's college coach called him "an NBA Pg". It wasn't qualified. I agreed with that and apparently so does Portland's GM and coach per reports despite having two other good Pg prospects and no other Sg.

I know you're at least wary of Horford at center, AHF. I'm simply too wary of drafting a guy I deem less talented than Yi but who at least isn't anymore talented and then directly playing him out of position thereby diminishing his talent even further. Doesn't compute. I simply do not see the mismatches created with Horford at center. Roy at Pg? I do. Next to JJ especially I do. It's not like we're trying to play Horford next to a Pf/C. We're playing him next to a Sf/Pf in JS. Just doesn't fit.

W

He would be drafted because he is the best player after Oden and Durant AND because he fills a need of putting an All Star caliber big man who can play in the low post in the lineup with JJ. I think Shelden will be better this year but he is NOWHERE NEAR the offensive talent that Horford is and I think Horford is going to defend better as well. Whether Horford starts at Center or not is irrelevant. He will play both Center and PF.

Continuing to say that Horford duplicates Shelden is ridiculous. If anything, Yi duplicates Smoove because both off them prefer to stay on the perimeter on offense and shoot J's from the PF position.