Is Yi our guy he is on the main page of Hawk.Com

SmooveTheFuture

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is so much divergent opinion on Yi, and such a wide range of possibilities. According to the guys speaking on the ESPN draft special last night, Yi could literally go anywhere from #3 to falling all the way out of the top 10....and that's only further complicated by the confusion over his actual age. Is he *really* 22, as some evidence would seem to indicate? Or is he only 19, as Yi himself says?

All I know is I'd just as soon not draft a liar, so I would really hope he's being truthful about his age.

yes hawks need YI. YI has the potential to be a center he might have said he didnt want to play center and to that i say tough crap. Let him explain to china why he is seating on the bench instead of starting at center.

AL Horford might be good for other teams but all horford is on the hawks is a bench warmer he isnt starting over josh smith.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I find it very interesting that he is on the Hawks.com Main page. could this be a sign of things to come.

Yi + Conley = Winners of the draft.

Cmon Billy Knightmare get it done.

I would welcome a trade of Childress or SW along with the 11th pick to get Conley. Not an equal trade talent-wise, but at some point we've got to consolidate as we cannot afford all these prospects. I'd probably move Childress/11 to whomever for Conley/2nd rder (Jared Dudley or BU Sg prospect).

W

I heard him on an interview yesterday on ESPN and he was VERY impressive. If we draft him at #3 or #11, I could EASILY see him becoming the face of the franchise in a few years. He has a lot of charisma and he is a natural born leader. He is also a great competitor. I would PREFER Horford at #3 but if we DO take Conley, I won't be mad.

Quote:

Quote:

I find it very interesting that he is on the Hawks.com Main page. could this be a sign of things to come.

Yi + Conley = Winners of the draft.

Cmon Billy Knightmare get it done.

I would welcome a trade of Childress or SW along with the 11th pick to get Conley. Not an equal trade talent-wise, but at some point we've got to consolidate as we cannot afford all these prospects. I'd probably move Childress/11 to whomever for Conley/2nd rder (Jared Dudley or BU Sg prospect).

W

I like the "consolidation" idea.

Yi's Citizen ID is 440301198410272713. Chinese Citizen ID is similar to SSN here. It is assigned at birth and cannot be changed. Yi's ID number clearly shows his birthday 19841027.

This ID number can be confirmed by visiting Chinese Government's Social Security Agency in Guangdong Province.

http://www.gdsi.gov.cn/jsp/query/personque...13&&xzqh=441900

If you can't read Chinese, here is the translation.

Basic Personal Information:

Name: Yi Jianlian

Sex: Male

Citizen ID #: 440301198410272713

Payment Status: Paying Social Security Tax

Last payment received: 200611

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

it should scare the hell out of you billy knight wants al horford. any player BK wants has been a major bust the same will be true of horford if hawks draft him.

i don't think Horford will be a bust

Horford will not be a bust at Pf. The guy is a prototypical one. At center he very well might be and will be no better than average. That's the crux.

Everyone tends to go conservative at crunch time. That's why Horford will be more "popular" as the time fast approaches because people simply know more about him and will abandon their want for a title for the comfort of mediocrity.

Fact: Picking for comfort and conservatism when you are the 4th worst team in the league doesn't win you titles.

W

So Josh Smith is a bust? Marvin is not a bust either. He is 21yrs old and still has tons of upside. I love clowns like you that know nothing about basketball expect these rookies to come in and just be like Kobe their first year. Hilarious!