Is Yi our guy he is on the main page of Hawk.Com

SmooveTheFuture

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He really showed a LOT of promise toward the end of last season as he got his confidence back after breaking his hand.

He averaged 16/7 in his last 10 games and 19/6 in his last 5 games. He averaged 13/5/2 as a 20 year old in the NBA. He just turned 21 last week. He may not be Chris Paul or Deron Williams but he has a chance to be a terrfic player in this league.

YI Jianlin is the next Pau Gasol. There are alot of people on this board that want hawks to go out and get Pau Gasol. why not draft the next Pau Gasol in YI. The same thing that people were saying about Pau Gasol is the same things there saying and questioning about YI

Quote:

Horford is younger than Yi, and is already better...What the hell else can you ask for?

he is better then yi? Hahah thats a good one the guy averaged 13/9 as a junior in college that is no impressive to me. Horford is also about 4 inches shorter then Yi and can not play center. Horford is Shelden part 2 we are gonna try an experiment that is going to fail. HORFORD IS NOT A CENTER PERIOD. We would be drafting him to come off the bench with shelden and childress no freaking thanks. The hawks are not that good of a team they can keep drafting lottery picks to not be starters im sorry. You draft impact and starter players in the lottery not bench and role players.

Quote:

Yi at 23 instead of 19 is to me a major turnoff on the kid. At 19 he would have a higher ceiling, at 23 you are pretty much going to get what you already see.

Exactly. It's a difference of night and day as far as his 'upside' (gawd I hate that phrase) and potential goes....and not to mention it throws his character into a seriously bad light. If that birthdate is indeed true, then Yi and his representatives have been blatantly lying about his age all over the place. Major, MAJOR turnoff..... ashamed.gif

Quote:

Yi at 23 instead of 19 is to me a major turnoff on the kid. At 19 he would have a higher ceiling, at 23 you are pretty much going to get what you already see.

What about Oden, then? He's clearly 75 or older.

Guest Walter

He mentioned how common if not regular it was for countries to forge documents to increase their age and allow players to play internationally. China is not known for it's international honesty.

The whole point was that Yi's documents were thought to be forged allowing a then 15 year old to play internationally. There was reason to forge them then. I don't see the reason to lie about his age now.

W

Quote:

Quote:

What about Oden, then? He's clearly 75 or older.

it really is amazing to me how old he looks confused.gif