• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Yi our guy he is on the main page of Hawk.Com

SmooveTheFuture

I find these posts about the "correct" age for Yi to be really numerous. Why is that big a deal? If he's the age of a college senior, I say great. More mature, more developed, and the notion that he's not going to improve is nuts. Men don't reach physical maturity until age 28. Look at most pro-sports and you'll see guys continuing to improve until their late 20s, then level off at that plateau (unless you're Barry Bonds).

Second, lying about ages is the norm in the developing world. I work in Ecuador with census data, and its a nightmare. I have no idea about Yi's past, but if he was born in one of the poorer provinces in China, they may have no real idea when the kid was born, if their registration system is as screwed up as Ecuador's.

Third, take a look at baseball. Players born in Latin America are always older than listed, its just a known fact. Does that make them less of a player? No, Furcal, Franco, Del Gado, just to name a few are older than they have/had down. Still they perform at high levels throughout their respective careers. If age is what you are worried about with Yi, then I think you need to examine the realities of sport development a little more.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

True but Oden is in fact a Dark Elf so his lifespan of several hundred years insures a long productive career.

True as well, but you bring up another point: given Oden's heritage, won't his light sensitivity (-1 to all Spot checks and I would assume shooting d20 rolls) be a problem in the NBA?