• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Billy gonna get fired, for Owners mistake???

oiatlhawksfan

this is totally depressing. it is tough because there is nothing any of us can do about it. i want the hawks to be good so bad that they idea of us doing something good in the draft or by trade has consumed all my thoughts for the past few days only to have the owners or billy scew everything up. i am not sure who is really to balme but at this point it does not really matter much now does it!!!!!!!!!!!!! pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Knight deserves to be fired for his prior drafts this draft will only be the last straw.

Billy Knight drafted C Shelden Williams who is a bust for where he was taken

Billy Knight drafted Josh Childress who has to be considered a bust considering the players picked after him

Billy Knight drafted Boris Diaw who was a bust for him and traded down to get him

Billy Knight deserves to be fired no reason to feel sorry for him no other nba gm outside of the knicks gm deserves to be fire more then knight

Quote:

Nor after they cash those checks from the sale of 100 million Yi jerseys and Hawks banners and Yi videos.

Dude. Merchandising is shared league-wide, we don't profit any more off of the billion people yi jersey market any more than anyone else. The only real "china" advantage would be tv rights in china (or is that shared) and the possibility of jj-smith-yi becoming all star locks because of the chinese vote. Money wise, I don't see how we make so much money. Yi will get the endorsments, not the hawks. I do see how Yi owners come out looking good for their OTHER businesses if they can say "hey come on, we're the guys with Yi on our team", but other than that, I don't see where all the cash comes flowing in from.

If we draft him, it's time to ship Marvin or Smith.

If the Hawks do draft Yi, then I think it will set the into motion towards replacing both Billy Knight and Mike Woodson. I highly doubt Mike would do it, but he'd have to seriously consider resigning his position if the Hawks draft Yi Jianlian. Mike has to be getting tired of the team adding guys that cannot play a lick of defense.

I think it all lies on where the faction indeed lies. If it is between the ownership and the front office/head coach at this point, then this is probably Billy's last season in Atlanta. If it is a divide between the ownership and the coaching staff, then it could be just Mike Woodson that leaves. I can see Billy liking Yi because Yi is so similar to Pau.

When Billy was in Memphis though, the ownership overruled him on a few personnel decisions. The first is that Billy did not want to trade for Jason Williams. That was a move made by the ownership and d*ck Versace in Memphis. I can't remember the 2nd move. It may have been Michael Dickerson's extension, but I'm not sure. If in fact Billy is being overridden by ownership with this choice, I think Billy may want to leave.

Quote:

Billy Knight deserves to be fired for his prior drafts this draft will only be the last straw.

Billy Knight drafted C Shelden Williams who is a bust for where he was taken

Billy Knight drafted Josh Childress who has to be considered a bust considering the players picked after him

Billy Knight drafted Boris Diaw who was a bust for him and traded down to get him

Billy Knight deserves to be fired no reason to feel sorry for him no other nba gm outside of the knicks gm deserves to be fire more then knight

whoa, relax there cheif...shelden too high? sure...marvin over paul? sure....chill is not a bust by any stretch of the imagination..every year there are better players drafted later than other picks but chill is not a bust....boris diaw? not a bust considering where he was drafted...

bash him for the right things....shelden too high, not filling a need at point guard....