• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

YES WE JUST GOT ANOTHER SALIM STOUDAMIRE

SmooveTheFuture

Quote:

BUT 3-4 INCHERS TALLER. This just keeps getting worse for us. THis guy is not a true point guard why did we draft this guy. We have by far had the worst draft of any time this franchise needs fire everyone because we are making the wrong moves.

You are such a tool.

The Hawks drafted the concensus best player available after Oden and Durant....and the #2 PG available in the draft....and you still complain.

It's comical actually......

Quote:

Quote:

BUT 3-4 INCHERS TALLER. This just keeps getting worse for us. THis guy is not a true point guard why did we draft this guy. We have by far had the worst draft of any time this franchise needs fire everyone because we are making the wrong moves.

You are such a tool.

The Hawks drafted the concensus best player available after Oden and Durant....and the #2 PG available in the draft....and you still complain.

Agreed. People are all crazy. We did very well.

Quote:

Quote:

You are such a tool.

The concensus best player to play where tell me? To come off the freaking bench. We already have our starting forwards and already had 2 lottery picks coming off the bench. Al Horford will make 3 lotterys picks coming off the pine for us. Also Law is not a true point guard he is a shooter chucker who cant defend very well. He what 3 inches taller then Salim get real this guy is not the right for us. I would have liked to get Conley JR at 3 and trade the 11th pick for Camby or a center.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You are such a tool.

The concensus best player to play where tell me? To come off the freaking bench. We already have our starting forwards and already had 2 lottery picks coming off the bench. Al Horford will make 3 lotterys picks coming off the pine for us. Also Law is not a true point guard he is a shooter chucker who cant defend very well. He what 3 inches taller then Salim get real this guy is not the right for us. I would have liked to get Conley JR at 3 and trade the 11th pick for Camby or a center.

Ever watch Law play? He would defer a lot during games to get teammates involved and then take over at the end. He is not a chucker.

I just don't think Law was the PG we needed. So what if he was the most NBA ready PG. We should have gone with Stuckey or else just taking Julian Wright and traded Childress for a veteran PG. Law will come off the bench and make a few shots...so what. I don't think we've done anything to solve our PG position. Hopefully we can combine Shelden and Law and ship them out to a team for a decent PG.

Quote:

I just don't think Law was the PG we needed. So what if he was the most NBA ready PG. We should have gone with Stuckey or else just taking Julian Wright and traded Childress for a veteran PG. Law will come off the bench and make a few shots...so what. I don't think we've done anything to solve our PG position. Hopefully we can combine Shelden and Law and ship them out to a team for a decent PG.

Stuckey? He's no more of a PG than JJ and we know that didn't work. Why do you have Law coming off the bench but not Stuckey or Wright? Law has a far better chance of beating out Speedy and Lue than the others will beat out JJ or Marvin.

Quote:

The concensus best player to play where tell me? To come off the freaking bench.
We already have our starting forwards and already had 2 lottery picks coming off the bench.
Al Horford will make 3 lotterys picks coming off the pine for us. Also Law is not a true point guard he is a shooter chucker who cant defend very well. He what 3 inches taller then Salim get real this guy is not the right for us. I would have liked to get Conley JR at 3 and trade the 11th pick for Camby or a center.

That's sort of what happens when you haven't made the playoffs in 8 years. Did you guys think all the lottery picks would start? The Hawks need talent, and they got it. The next move is to package some of the expiring contracts(they are very valuable), and try to trade for some veteran help.

This draft looks pretty good to me, and seems to have gone just about as expected. We had the 3rd pick, and we drafted the consensus 3rd best player (though I still would have taken Conley myself). We had the 11th pick, and managed to get the PG rated second in the draft only to Conley.

Now you can nitpick about Law's game or whatever, but those are the facts. Not to mention we now have *multiple* pieces with which to make a trade for a distributing PG, if that's what BK wants to do. This team is loaded with young talent, and that's the bottom-line as I see it.