• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A question about Josh Smith

dakast

I could be wrong but it looks like the Hawks ownership is against spending money. I think they passed on the Amare deal because they new somewhere down the line they would have to pay him big money........if that's the case what does that say about Josh Smith. Will ownership actually give Smith a big deal or will they let him walk and put in Horford to take his place?

I could be wrong (and I hope I am) but it looks like this may be how the Hawks operate from now on.......let a player get good and then draft someone to take his place right before a contract year, all while watching Joe Johnson get older and more pissed off.

And lastly, was it me or did BK look a little ticked off in his interview? Dude was looking like he wasn't to happy with the way things turned out.

Quote:

I could be wrong but it looks like the Hawks ownership is against spending money. I think they passed on the Amare deal because they new somewhere down the line they would have to pay him big money........if that's the case what does that say about Josh Smith. Will ownership actually give Smith a big deal or will they let him walk and put in Horford to take his place?

I could be wrong (and I hope I am) but it looks like this may be how the Hawks operate from now on.......let a player get good and then draft someone to take his place right before a contract year, all while watching Joe Johnson get older and more pissed off.

And lastly, was it me or did BK look a little ticked off in his interview? Dude was looking like he wasn't to happy with the way things turned out.

I think the Amare deal wasn't as close to reality as we were led to believe.

I agree with both of y'all.

Hawks are afraid to spend and the chances of the Suns trading Amare is/was nill.

It was nice to dream for a little while. Looks like we're still years away from legitimately competing.

FIRE WOODSON before he ruins Horford and Law, too.

Quote:

It's hard for the Hawks ownership to pass on a deal that never got going. Phoenix was never going to deal Amare Stoudemire. If they were willing, he would be a Hawk right now.

Were there any media reports that the Hawks actually approved the trade??? Everything I read said they vetoed and they are idiots for doing so.

I bet you also read that Phoenix was going to trade Amare to Charlotte as well. What happened to that deal?

The fact is, Phoenix was never on board to begin with. The team that made the trade fall through was Phoenix.

Here is what I think happened. Kerr told McHale to be the middle man in case the trade did not work out. Kerr needed to stay clear of the negotiating so that he would have a plan B with Amare and the Phoenix fans, so it was made clear to McHale and Knight if the deal fell apart before it was finalized, Kerr would deny any knowledge of it. No one from Phoenix spoke out to quash the rumor until the trade had fallen through. Also, neither McHale or Knight are saying anything about it now, even though Kerr comes across like he is calling them a couple of idiots.