• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What a Nightmare!

Johnnybravo4

Horrible draft, no sizzle no steak. There is nothing about this draft that inspires anyone to go buy season tix. once again we will have no national games. The high heels won't come to the games. We will have a 1/3 filled Phillips, mostly hawksquawk members. Yall should have been at Phillips tonite. They announced the pick...no fanfare, no cheers, and half the fans left. Even the fairweather fans know we just picked Shelden Williams, and we picked a pg who is a shoot first pg.

And for the 4th year in a row, BK made the same selections that most mock drafts had him takng months ago. Welcome to 35 wins people.

Quote:

Horrible draft, no sizzle no steak. There is nothing about this draft that inspires anyone to go buy season tix. once again we will have no national games. The high heels won't come to the games. We will have a 1/3 filled Phillips, mostly hawksquawk members. Yall should have been at Phillips tonite. They announced the pick...no fanfare, no cheers, and half the fans left. Even the fairweather fans know we just picked Shelden Williams, and we picked a pg who is a shoot first pg.

And for the 4th year in a row, BK made the same selections that most mock drafts had him takng months ago. Welcome to 35 wins people.

I couldnt agree you more my friend. The Hawks could have made a huge splash instead we just drafted reduncy.

Seconded. I was there, too. I was like ten feet from Bernie. I said nothing, as I did not want to become enraged and appear crazy. Had a nice chat with Steve Holman from the radio. Super nice guy. Everything was third rate tonight. The best thing about going, other than seeing Dominique, was watching the slutty A-Town dancers walk around. Those are like the shortest skirts allowed by law!

This does one thing though, JB. It might lead to 29 wins and the door for Woody and maybe, just maybe, BK.

But it will also lead to both Joshes possibly leaving and JJ probably demanding a trade as well if they don't win next year. That's why I pushed to no end for them to trade for a veteran who can help the team win games right now instead of 2010. How many guys will JJ have to babysit? Don't DFACS have a law about this?

Who cares about sizzle? I want to win ball games, and Horford will help us do that.

And, please, stop comparing Horford to Shelden... that's an insult to Horford. The two are nothing alike. Horford's passing, ball handling, shooting, and flat out basketball skills simply are far greater than Williams'.

no sizzle and no more fan support then hawks got last year.

I will watch the hawks if nothing else is on tv and this draft doesnt change that. I wanted to become a die hard hawks fan but i refuse to watch a team with a GM that makes the Detroit Lions GM Matt Millen look like a good gm.

I will still watch the hawks casually if nothing else is on. I think alot of people in atlanta are the same way. I however am definately not going to waste cash on buying tickets to a hawks game. Especially when i see a team that most everyone on this board could have built and been just as good if not better.

Why is everyone so high on Conley? I could average 9 assists a game with Oden, Butler, Lewis, and Cook. Horford is going to be a great player. He's a real 4 unlike Marvin and Smith. I liked Crittenton given he is a local product who I thought would draw some Gtech fans to the games. Law seems like another salim stoudamire, but we'll see.

Quote:

Why is everyone so high on Conley? I could average 9 assists a game with Oden, Butler, Lewis, and Cook. Horford is going to be a great player.

you say conley might not be as good since he had all those guys but yet you dont think al horford was so good because of the guy like Al Thorton, Joekim Noah and Corey Brewer?

Guest Walter

Quote:

Who cares about sizzle? I want to win ball games, and Horford will help us do that.

It's about mismatches in the NBA and Horford doesn't create a GD one and will often be one at center himself.

You need mismatches. Yi would have provided that. Horford? Not a chance in hell he becomes a regular mismatch advantage at center.

W

the only good thing we have going right now is the strong possibility of Woody finally getting fired half-way through the season. I'm pretty sure he will go down in the history books as one of the most inept coaches of all time. I challenge any of you to find another coach who's amassed 100 more losses than wins in a mere 3 seasons. I don't think such a person exists.