• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What do you think we need most now

frosgrim

With the draft and looking at the roster what are the areas that everyone thinks is the biggest need for the Hawks?

For me its a scoring 2/3. We need someone to come off the bench to get us 10-12 points a night AND can get his own shot. Childress is too inconsistent in his offense in that his too timid and can't really create his own shot. I like Childress, but we need more scoring off the bench.

Maybe we need to get another center. I would make a push for Magloire as he can help out a lot while Horford learns to play center in the NBA.

I think our biggest need is a true starting center. I know there's been alot of talk about Shelden getting more time at Center and Horford possibly seeing some time there, but neither are considered true centers. There are a some players who are under 6-10 that are good centers like Ben Wallace, but more times than not, those guys are overmatched size wise. It would be nice to get a legit, tough 7 footer, but those don't exactly grow on trees.

We definately need to pick up a center in free agency. From what I see there are a few possibilities: Darko, Magloire, or possibly even Jake Tsakilitis (he might not be great but he is like 7'3" and we need someone over 6'11" desperately for when we face those taller centers. If we could get one of those and get rid of batista, slava and ivey i will be impressed. That would be a deep team and should definately make the playoffs.

PG-Law,Speedy,Lue,A.Johnson

SG-JJ,Childress,A.Johnson,Law

SF-J.Smith,Childress,Marvin,JJ

PF-J.Smith,Horford,Marvin,Sheldon,Solomon,Zaza

C-Zaza,Horford,Wright,Sheldon,Solomon,(Darko or Magloire)

That is alot of guys that can play each position!!!!

I second that. I think we have the 'skills' a team needs but we are still lacking experience.

Chill/Zaza/AJ for Camby/Future 1st???? Denver wouldn't go for that.

I'm really not sure what to do. I still think highly of Childress even if it's off the bench and I feel Shelden should get another season to prove himself. The problem is, I'm scared if Shelden's season goes the other way his value will deplete even further.

Brenda Haywood? No thanks.