• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Convince me Horford can be our CENTER!

Quote:

Yeah, but Brendan Heywood. Andrew Bogut. Nick Collison. Noah.Physical guys... come in and give us problems. Part of it is size.
Heywood had one hot quarter then 2 pts in 3 quarters. People need to forget about that quarter. Everybody sucked that 1st quarter. Everyday some players play much better than other days. Bogut/Collison/Noah sometimes have good days. So what? A lot of big guys scored 25+ on Ewing during his prime. It happens.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

are you convinced yet?

I'll quote chillzatl who is obviously a big Horford fan

Quote:

picking myself up an Al Horford Jersey!

#270641 - 12/06/07 09:50 PM Edit Reply Quote

We have a legit, top of the class power forward here people! Plays D, rebounds great and while his offense isn't great yet, it's going to get better just like every other aspect of his game! It's been a long time since we a power player like him here. I mean hell, the last time we had a GOOD PF here period was maybe that one year by Hendu which was what, 98? Before that it was Laettner for a little while? In the end I think Horf will be better than both by a long stretch. VERY EXCITING!

I didn't see the game but the fact that we were outscored 56-34 in the paint by a 2 win team doesn't lend a lot of credence to the Horford at C camp.

Horford played outstanding defense on Jefferson.(of course with help from double team occasionally)...but he made all the rebounds he should have...as opposed to shelden, who botched so many potential rebounds... offensive and defensive...Horford kept denying Jefferson post position, and denying him the ball and he plays strong and big...Jefferson is one of the best centers in the league I would say...and Horford did more than anyone else on the hawks could do against him...Josh Smith also had a nasty block on Jefferson...but Horford didn't get pushed around a lot by Jefferson...he held his own...

Quote:

Horford played outstanding defense on Jefferson.(of course with help from double team occasionally)...but he made all the rebounds he should have...as opposed to shelden, who botched so many potential rebounds... offensive and defensive...Horford kept denying Jefferson post position, and denying him the ball and he plays strong and big...Jefferson is one of the best centers in the league I would say...and Horford did more than anyone else on the hawks could do against him...Josh Smith also had a nasty block on Jefferson...but Horford didn't get pushed around a lot by Jefferson...he held his own...
Like i said i didn't see the game but we gave up 56 pts in the paint to a 2 win team. I fail to see how this game is an endorsement of horford as a long term C. The year we ranked last in the league in pts in the paint defense we gave up an average of 45 ppg in the paint. Last game we had success doubling him so it is a safe bet they made some changes to get other guys easy looks when we doubled Jefferson this time.Since chillzatl is clearly calling Horford a PF and not a C i guess that makes him a Horford hater.

Quote:

Horford is good no doubt, but we need to be bigger. Not just physically, but bigger minded. Smoove will always lurk around the perimeter at the wrong times. Or try to dribble his way into something. I really like Josh but Horford is very stable and if we could net something big in return for Mr. Smith, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I wouldn't be againt trading Horford either, like Boston with Jefferson. BK needs to do something. This team has way to many pieces. It's almost not fair to judge the productivity of anyone because of duplicity and ill defined roles.

they also scored many of their points when horford was on the bench (they got SEVEN layups in SEVEN minutes that horf was on bench in 3rd)remember, we were +22 with him in the gamethey scored a bunch when horford was out of the game, so he couldn't be defending the paintand then their guards got points on drives such as jaric's on smoove at end of game...that's not horford's fault

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...