• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Which foward should be traded to clear the glut

pimp

we don't have a glut, YET...once they all improve enough, then we will, but then we'll have assets to trade

chill gets 30 behind jj/marvin

marvin gets 30

smoove gets 30

zaza/shelden/horford share 66 mins, so 22 each on average

lo gets benched and then traded to someone who wants an expiring

solo gets to improve in practice and gain weight and get spot mins here and there

and that's all assuming we are 100% healthy; and when does that happen? so mins will be increased as players go down

chill can't be traded unless for another 2/3 as he's our 2/3 backup

jj/marvin/smoove are our starting 2/3/4...period

speedy is starting 1 if healthy...law backup and take over at some point depending on development

center is wide open for horford/zaza/shelden/solo to battle over...

we have 6 big men and they like that number they said: smoove/shelden/zaza/horford/solo/lo...but marvin can def play pf as he has in past, so we'll still have 6 when we trade lo...plus they may still keep batman on to injure guys in practice

i'd say that we trade lue/lo, as both are expiring contracts, to someone for a late late 1st or a 2nd or a role player

Quote:

I think Shelden or Zaza has to go. We need a center with size who can play D. We have one of the smallest front lines in the league.

Childress is probably a goner too.

Lue definitely has to go. Law covers up every PG duty that Chillz and Lue performed for us. Lue, being BK's favorite, will only block Law's playing time. We'll never need to play Chillz at the PG again. I can see AJ as a great mentor/3rd/emergency pg. Law can also play with Selim because he is tall. In crunch time when we need a 3, we can play Law/JJ/Selim together.

I think the only rationale for trading Childress is that he likely won't resign with the Hawks once his contract is done. Maybe things change but it appears the franchise is committed to Marvin as the starter so Chill may want the challenge of starting elsewhere.

So in that sense, it would be wise to move him for something rather then lose him for nothing.

That would be a very nice trade, though I think we'd have to include another contract, like AJ or Z to make the money work. I am too busy to go over and check the trade checkers on this. I am already spending way too much time on this board...