• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peter Vecsey said the the Amare deal fell through.

Wurider05

I agree you can't give up 3,11,Zaza,Shelden and Marvin for only Amare. I mean were getting raped there. Even 3,11, Zaza, and Marvin is a little much. Amare would have been great here but the fact is he is coming off Microfracture surgery on both knees. There is some risk there longterm. I would have given up both picks plus Zaza and either Shelden or Chill plus expirings to get Amare in a heartbeat but anything more is getting crazy.

Quote:

I think that was way to much to give up for Amare. Why does everyone want to rape the Hawks for our young players. I find it interesting that we were the youngest team in the NBA. We have the talent, we can stay good for a long time if we play it right.

That is very true. We do have talent on this team and other teams realize it but too bad some of us so called fans don't.

Guest Walter

Quote:

because BK/Owners didn't want to give up Marvin Williams.

I just would have demanded they take Speedy and we get their late 1st (Rudy Fernandez). MW isn't worth all this special treatment frankly. Gotta get a stud when you can.

W

Quote:

I don't ever remember Peter Vescey being right about anything.

That was my thought exactly. He is always to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. Vescey is often about as credible as the National Enquirer, so this is *not* something for Hawks fans to get all worked-up about in my opinion.

If it's corroborated elsewhere by reputable sources, well then there might be something to it. But to get upset over something that Peter Vescey writes is just kind of silly, and really, really pointless.