• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are you guys 100% sold on ODen?

Wurider05

I'm not quite that sold on any rookie before he plays his first game, but I'm fairly certain that if Oden stays healthy he's a can't miss prospect. I think his offense and athleticism is more NBA-ready than people think. People say it will take him a few years to make an impact but I don't believe that.

Now...multiple championships and the Hall of Fame? I think it's likely, but I'm not ready to book it as a 100% certainty. Anything could happen, and sometimes centers are prone to having their careers cut short or marginalized by chronic injuries. But I think he's an all-star for sure and I think he'll be closer to a hall of famer than he will be to a bust.

• Moderators

Quote:

They are already putting him in the hall of fame and giving him multiple championships.

I am totally sold on Oden but there are plenty of HOFers without a ring. He hasn't earned anything yet.

He's great, and he'll be an All Star for years to come... but that doesn't always translate into championships. Look at Ewing or Mourning (before he became a backup) for proof. Can't miss centers can get you to the party, but you better have a great complimentary player to put you over the top. Maybe Roy or Aldridge is that guy, maybe not. Who knows at this point?

Quote:

He's great, and he'll be an All Star for years to come... but that doesn't always translate into championships. Look at Ewing or Mourning (before he became a backup) for proof. Can't miss centers can get you to the party, but you better have a great complimentary player to put you over the top. Maybe Roy or Aldridge is that guy, maybe not. Who knows at this point?

They would not have won the championship if it wasn't for Zo's defense. Shaq couldn't guard a chair.