• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sothron, any news about Smoove contract extension?

WraithSentinel

Regardless if anyone believe the Amare trade or not. Faith in the ownership is getting lower and whether they are committed. Is there any news on whether the team is working on getting Smoove sign to a contract extension this offseason? If so, could it happen soon. At least the agreement part since contracts can't be sign until the 15th I believe.

Personally, I think Smoove would be best served if he doesn't sign an extension this summer . . especially if it's a deal that's under 10 million per year.

On the flip side, I wouldn't sign Smith to an extension if I were the Hawks. If they're trying to acquire another player or two, they probably won't sign him to a new deal this summer.

Let the marketplace set the value for Smoove. If the kid is still inconsistent, he can be had at a lesser price. If he blows up, the Hawks will have to give him max dollars.

Either way, I wouldn't do anything regarding Smoove and an extension.

Smith wont be extended until next summer. He is the face of the franchise, just look at who first sported the new Uniforms. After next summer, Lo, Lue, AJ contracts will be either traded or off the books. Besides if Smith was signed now, then Childress would expect to be signed and the Hawks dont want any kind of squable. Who knows we may keep them both depending on How Marvin, and CHildress play this year.

Quote:

It is a career year for Josh. I think this means extra motivated Josh, and I think that means playoffs!

I think it could go either way. This is a HUGE year for Andruw Jones too but he isn't doing well at all - choking at the plate - likely trying to hit a bunch of homeruns and his batting average is hovering around the Mendoza line.

I'm sure Josh will be motivated to show the world what he can do but I hope that doesn't include jacking up a bunch of threes and trying to do things he isn't capable of (yet).